Topic actions

Reply 60 of 145, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Leolo wrote:

Are you guys having the same problem?

I tried to replicate your problem briefly with v1.5.2, but no crashes yet. The crashes I had seemed more random.
Edit: Game v1.5.2 just crashed a few minutes in a skirmish game, don't know what triggered it.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 61 of 145, by dynasty

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I haven't been able to reproduce either of these crashes. Then again, I haven't had that much time to investigate either. I had a report of disappearing carryalls too, which is possibly due to the carryall movement change.

Reply 62 of 145, by Leolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was able to reproduce the crash easily (in the very first map of the Atreides campaign), but after having restarted the computer I can no longer make it crash anymore! 😕

The crashes are bit random now, and much less frequent. I'll keep trying to see if I can get it crash reliably.

Regards.

Reply 63 of 145, by dynasty

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I released v1.5.4 a little while ago and haven't had people throw crash reports at me left and right. Perhaps some of these issues are fixed now? I don't know what could have caused a crash in the first Atreides level though.

I left the debug symbols in in this build, so if you do get a crash, please copy the alert box text.

Reply 64 of 145, by Leolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've spent a few days playing it without problems, but today I've got a crash.

Here are the details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dunedynasty.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5157d478
Fault Module Name: dunedynasty.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5157d478
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004c57c
OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 3082
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: f3d5
Additional Information 4: f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I was playing the last stage of the Atreides, against all the other houses. And a nuclear missile had just impacted on my main base destroying almost everything I had built!

Reply 65 of 145, by Gabucino

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VileRancour wrote:

I wonder how many people out there (who have never seen an 1980s-era PC) are convinced that CGA was a widescreen standard.

Actually, CGA notebooks (like the Compaq LTE 2690A) and handhelds (HP 200LX) with LCD displays are indeed widescreen!

Reply 66 of 145, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Don't think there is any other thread about Dune Dynasty here on Vogons.

It seems the SourceForge SVN source code version has significant additions compared to the last official release. The last official release being v1.5.7 of august 2013. It is work done in 2013 to 2015 by the same author; Mr. Wang.

I managed to compile the SVN version. Pleased to say it works fine so far. Do appreciate the added options and fixes for Skirmish games. The added multiplayer support has not been tested by me.

Some days ago, I tried to contact Mr. Wang through his SourceForge email, to ask about the SVN source status. I also tried his "dynasty" account here. So far I have not received any reply.

Anyways, If there is interest I will upload the binaries of Dune Dynasty 1.5.7 SVN (2015) to some place.

PS: In another thread there was someone trying to see if it could run on Windows 98. My testing says it won't. For one: The allegro 5.0.10 dll (2013), as compiled with older MinGW 4.5.2, tries to call SHgetfolderpathA ... and fails.

Last edited by gerwin on 2020-11-17, 18:52. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 67 of 145, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Strange that Dune 2 has so much development towards modernization. But Warcraft 1 have had any. Maybe even the Warcraft 2 controls can get me to get in to it.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 69 of 145, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gerwin wrote on 2020-11-17, 17:43:

Anyways, If there is interest I will upload the binaries of Dune Dynasty 1.5.7 SVN (2015) to some place.

Yes please!

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾

Reply 70 of 145, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
1541 wrote on 2020-11-18, 15:56:
gerwin wrote on 2020-11-17, 17:43:

Yes please!

This will do for now:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l0tc74zlsxzz4g … lease1.zip/file

Reply 74 of 145, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
carlostex wrote on 2020-11-18, 18:41:

For a brief moment i misunderstood this ran on SVGA on pure DOS. Oh well.

The title of this topic is not quite right...

I worked on this Dune Dynasty port in the past weekend. Added an enhancement option to get rid of the attack directional effect. Wonder why the game was ever released with this feature / bug. Details here:
https://github.com/OpenDUNE/OpenDUNE/issues/346

Test with Harkonnen Quad on Quad: Original East to West attack takes 23 double shots. Original North to South takes 10 shots. With this enhancement it always takes 17 shots.
Test with Harkonnen Tank on Tank: Original East to West attack takes 17 shots. Original North to South takes 8 shots. With this enhancement it always takes 13 shots.
Test with Atreides Trike on Trike: Original East to West attack takes 25 shots. Original North to South takes 10 shots. With this enhancement it always takes 17 shots.

Any thoughts?

Will make a downloadable package later...

Reply 75 of 145, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's interesting to know, I never perceived these different "attack modes" neither back in the days nor today 😉
IMHO, consistent attack damage would be useful.

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾

Reply 76 of 145, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
1541 wrote on 2021-01-11, 20:24:

That's interesting to know, I never perceived these different "attack modes" neither back in the days nor today 😉
IMHO, consistent attack damage would be useful.

Neither did I... But since I heard of it, it is hard to forget about it and pretend the direction does not matter. So it really needed to go.

I added the latest DuneDynasty SVN 2015 package, with this optional enhancement, to my homepage download section. It is there near the top of the page:
http://www.gb-homepage.nl