VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Pentium-Overdri … =p2047675.l2557

If this item reappears on ebay DO NOT BUY IT! Look at the stepping code on the back of the CPU. This is a Pentium 90 and NOT a Pentium MMX Overdrive like it is being listed as. Also take note of the fan attached. This is NOT the Pentium Overdrive fan. The seller ended the listing as being no longer available so someone may have notified them already or someone may have bought it with the intention of passing it along for a higher price. BE CAREFUL.

Reply 2 of 3, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I only looked more closely at it because the price the seller was asking seemed way too low for a Pentium MMX Overdrive. I hope none of you here got stung by the listing. Sometimes the seller may not be the one at fault. Someone may have upgraded their computer years ago and then stuck the old processor in the box and packed it away and forgot all about it then the seller acquired it years later without knowing the difference. I got a lot of vintage hardware from someone local a few years back that had a Pentium MMX Overdrive box in it but the CPU in it was just a plain old Pentium. This was a Freecycle deal, though, so I didn't lose any money. So be sure to check everything out before you click that button, especially if the price seems too good to be true. $30 is cheap for Pentium MMX Overdrive but a lot to pay for a P-90.