VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, please move it mods if it is.

Since it's looking less and less likely that we're going to see a new Timesplitters game, the next best thing would be to get the trilogy (which were cross-platform games on the last generation of consoles) re-released in HD format. Normally I don't care about high-definition re-releases of games (especially since in the case of the Timesplitters games I still play them on my XBox 1), but in this case, a re-release could be very exciting, as not only might they expand the map maker to include everything we want*, but if they merged the three games into one engine, then they might well decide (fingers crossed) to make all single player and multi-player levels playable in the multiplayer (some single player levels in games can be brilliant when played against your mates in multiplayer), and also make the better weapons from all three games available in all three single player campaigns.

Anyway, Critek UK have hinted that a HD remake might be a possibility:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/crytek-we … tm_source=nrel1

so if you're interested in great first person shooters (well, TS2 and 3 are, I didn't like 1 so much), then please sign the petition at:

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek … s-hd-collection

So far there are 63,085 signatures, but they're hoping for 300,000, so please sign it if you're at all interested in a Timesplitters remake.

* The map makers in these games are very easy to use, but not too feature laden, and the bots could use them with no problems. In a remake, they'd hopefully add more pieces/items/trigger points/etc, and they could get rid of the map maker's size and storage limits too (as it stands, all three versions of each game (for the XBox, PS2, and Gamecube) all only allow small maps with not too many features to be made, as the intention was to make the maps compatible with all three consoles, so they wrote for the lowest memory pool (the PS2). With a 360/PS3/PC version, they could of course set the limit so high that it almost didn't exist in real terms, and all three platforms could cope. Oh, and hopefully they'd add more textures to the map maker too, ideally everything from the full games.

Reply 1 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

While i'd love to, I know that online petitions never work, and it's probably not in Crytek UK's possibility to even create it themselves, even if they did want to. EA knows it's not Madden, Battlefield or Mass Effect, and if it's made, it'd end up as an Origin exclusive.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 3, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not hopeful, but it's worth a go. It only takes a minute to sign the petition, so what do you have to lose?

But yes, I can't think of one on-line petition that actually led to a game being released. Hopefully this will be different.

I would really like to see the games released on PC too, even though I'm primarily a console player, as these games could support some brilliant mods (I love mods, they're my favourite thing about PC gaming).