VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Back when I had a SB32 PnP I could get this program from a friend's SB16 CD and it was damn fun. Now I cannot find it anywhere over the net anymore and every SB CD I found does not have it. Is there anywhere I can get it?

Reply 1 of 6, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Surely it's on that Ultimate Sound Blaster disc found around here? I haven't looked. I don't think it had an apostrophe as what the about box would have told you... "Creative Text Olay!!!"

I know I used it before. I guess you're fond of the Willowpond / Lernout & Hauspie speech engine that it used, and the demonstrating of the 'singing' voices text file?

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 6, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Surely it's on that Ultimate Sound Blaster disc found around here? I haven't looked.

I know I used it before. I guess you're fond of the Willowpond / Lernout & Hauspie speech engine that it used, and the demonstrating of the 'singing' voices text file?

Yes indeed. I remember telling my father the computer could speak any text file using this program and he didn't believe me. When I loaded it up his jaws went to the ground. So, which CD is that? On which section is it found here? I tried getting lots of SB install CDs from here but most links are dead.

Reply 3 of 6, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I know it's on my AWE64 cd. I think it was installed with the driver suite along with the multimedia decks and wave studio. To find out i'd have to reinstall these things 😀

EDIT: Just checked. Ain't there!!! Just SoundOLE which is "Creative Sound Recorder". I know I have TextOLE somewhere.

Mindmaker Prody Parrot also used the same speech engine and I think it had something like Text OLE but I know Prody isn't what you're looking for. I'd suspect TextOLE might be on TheMAN's sb16awe cd image.

EDIT 2: TheMAN's cd has it. tasstupg/ folder contains a setup that installs Text OLE, but I can't get it to install in Windows 98SE. Says some crap about a bad install script D:!!!! (way to go InstallShit eld)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 6, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you read the readme file? 🙄

*** IMPORTANT NOTE *** […]
Show full quote

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

You MUST already have installed Creative TextAssist before you
run this Upgrade package. If not, please install the original
TextAssist first (from the original disks included in your Creative
audio card package) before running this upgrade.

The base install is in the TAMO folder... again, you'd know this if you looked in the index

Reply 6 of 6, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

if you think the installation files are corrupt, try the original zip file that's also on that CD
the upgrade worked fine for me when I last tried it years ago, so there might be some issue with your system