VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The opportunity to buy a XT machine as presented and it is a Bull Micral 30, I never heard of these machines before, would you recommend looking for another XT?

Reply 2 of 3, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Depends - what are you looking for in an XT class machine? The BM30 looks like an early and fairly conservative clone that followed IBM's design pretty closely (no expanded features such as a faster clock, turbo mode, extra graphics capabilities, 640kb on-board, or integrated I/O). Might find some nice surprise upgrades inside though.

Are the original monitor and keyboard included? for me that would be a pretty big question, as XT keyboards and CGA monitors are getting pretty thin on the ground.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 3 of 3, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I played some games in my childhood in an XT with no HDD, but the main part of my nostalgia is set in the 386 or higher era. For the time I don't have a particular interest in a XT, but it does come with the original monitor and keyboard...
It would have to be a nice price because the thing that is fascinating me is the time period of this machine and the feeling that it is a piece of history.

If there's nothing against the Micral 30, then it would be a nice buy, but there is also a 5150 for 80 buck and it comes with the monitor too, so... 😵