VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not sure if this has been brought up, but anyway, :

Computer Gaming World - All Old Issues from Nov 1981 to Nov 2006 are now available in PDF scans.

I'm sure, almost everyone will be attached to certain periods more than others, according to how much we were involved at that particular time period. For me, it's from 1988 - 1993, the period of games I like the most.

Nontheless, all the old issues are available and provide a glimpse on the past and the evolution of pc games in the history of mankind.

CGW Museum wrote:

July 2012 COMPLETE!
Well, after almost exactly a year and a half and 33,544 additional scanned pages, the CGW scanning project is now complete. Every single issue of the magazine's 25 year run is available online, from #1.1 in November 1981 to #268 in November 2006. The total, including the two issues of Computer Game Forum: 40,982 pages!

http://www.cgwmuseum.org/

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 7, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I donated some money to him so he could get his ADF scanner instead of flatbed scanning 4,000,000 pages individually. 😁

I have most of the actual magazines from 1992-2002 yet. I've been pondering dumping them though now that this PDF collection is out there. I find it mind warpingly surreal to ponder that it this all retro but that I remember reading it like it was last week or something. A curious getting-old learning experience.

Reply 4 of 7, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What a hoot! 😀 Hehe, I have sitting here right beside me each issue from 1996-1998 😀

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 6 of 7, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This magazine is written very well, I must say, I enjoy reading these CGW issues. However, the advertisement amount in CGW is disturbing. I even recompiled some pdf's without the adds.

I wanted to look at the CGW index file "vcgri.zip". But haven't got adobe reader installed anywhere. What does it do?

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 7 of 7, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I certainly don't mind looking at some vintage ads... they have historical and informational value of their own, plus where else could you find ridiculous stuff like this for example?

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]