VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well... I got some nice gifts. I will start with the less significant ones and end with la creme de la creme.
A bag of Star Wars toys.
A HTC Tattoo phone (used but in good shape).
3 soundcards: ESS1688, Yamaha 719 and Creative SoundBlaster 128 4 channels.
3 motherboards: 1 SS7 with ALi chipset and unknown CPU (K6-2, I presume); 2 BX boards, 1 unknown and 1 the famous Abit BH6, and a P II 400 CPU.

And now... I saved the best for last...
1 Voodoo3 3000 AGP
and
1 IBM ThinkPad 600E, P II 366, 128 Mb RAM, 6 Gb HDD. The BIOS battery is dead, it has no charger or optical drive; Otherwise in good working order, and the main battery is still holding a charge. I already ordered a BIOS battery, charger, CD-ROM, 512 Mb SDRAM and 2 SD to ATA 44 adapters.
I think it will make a decent mobile DOS box; the video is not good enough for 3D games.

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.
WIP: external midi module based on NEC wavetable (Yamaha clone)

Reply 4 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

And I got a blender.
🤣!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 5 of 9, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My birthday is close enough to Christmas that GOG and Steam sales were going on this year when it hit, so as a result, I got all of the dozen games on my GOG wishlist and about 10 games from Steam wishlist last month! :3

Suffice to say I haven't played all of them yet. ^_^;

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 6 of 9, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I also just buy myself the presents I really like 😀

However this year I put 100 bucks in my Steam wallet and ended up not buying a single game. Most of the games I already got through other sales, and the ones I wanted didn't go under buy 10 bucks (which is when I buy a Steam game). So I'll wait until the next one 😁

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 9 of 9, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some gift certificates and cash, mostly. 🤣 I'm planning on using some of it for a copy of Diablo III. I just started playing the starter edition and despite the slight over-simplification, it's FUN. 😁