Topic actions

Reply 40 of 55, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
NitroX infinity wrote:
Stiletto wrote:
Given the Tasmania 3D press release where it says they can send in for SU-27 Flanker, CyberSpeed and Air Power, I'm guessing a. […]
Show full quote

Given the Tasmania 3D press release where it says they can send in for SU-27 Flanker, CyberSpeed and Air Power, I'm guessing
a. they're all the Windows versions
b. they're all Rendermorphics Reality Lab
c. the Tasmania support is OEM only, not retail

Anyhow, I think that identifies his "unknown API" versions through some research and deductive reasoning.

A is wrong. The Tasmania 3D was made before Windows95 came out and they never made any Windows drivers, despite promising to do so.

Interesting - thanks.

Datasheet for the YGV612:
http://images.ihscontent.net/vipimages/VipMas … /YAMAS024-1.pdf
(identical) http://pdf.icminer.com/download/download/YGV612.pdf

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 41 of 55, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Update (of the "not what I was hoping for" variety).

The last few months of the year came and I managed to save up some money to buy a monitor for my benchmarking system. And then the tv broke.

AAAAAAARGGGGHHHH!!!!!

So I had to buy a new tv and now I'm back at square one. Somehow this kind of thing always seems to happen, I either saved up enough money for something or I just bought some new stuff, and then something else breaks that requires replacement 😵 So now I have to start saving up money again.

You may now hit me with a stick. It's okay, go ahead, I understand the frustration. 😢

Last edited by NitroX infinity on 2014-03-20, 19:02. Edited 1 time in total.

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info

Reply 42 of 55, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

::waves-pompoms-in-the-air::

A good week, I got two Dell U2412M monitors 😁

Now I need a male to female vga cable and a new harddrive for storing all the videos (that'll take another month or two). That *should* be all the hardware I need. Then it's on to set up my initial benchmarking system; finding a harddrive, floppydrive and cd-rom drive that all work. I have a bunch, just don't know which ones work. After that, I need to install Win98se and all games/benchmarks. And then, finally!!!

So I'm very hopeful I'll start benchmarking in the first half of this year. Dare I say, even in the first quarter?

Reply 43 of 55, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
NitroX infinity wrote:
::waves-pompoms-in-the-air:: […]
Show full quote

A good week, I got two Dell U2412M monitors 😁

Now I need a male to female vga cable and a new harddrive for storing all the videos (that'll take another month or two). That *should* be all the hardware I need. Then it's on to set up my initial benchmarking system; finding a harddrive, floppydrive and cd-rom drive that all work. I have a bunch, just don't know which ones work. After that, I need to install Win98se and all games/benchmarks. And then, finally!!!

So I'm very hopeful I'll start benchmarking in the first half of this year. Dare I say, even in the first quarter?

I've once tried installing 98 on a "new" rig, using an untested DVD drive. The drive scratched a nice ring into my 98 disk and turned it into a useless thing to put my coffeemug onto so the table doesn't get stains 😵
Ever since, I only use CDR/DVDR media to test and to install Windows, all my original disks remain unused unless I need to create a new ISO for some reason.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 44 of 55, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Getting closer! My new 1TiB HDD arrived and the male to female d-sub cable.

I need to clean out the room first though, otherwise I can't properly access my benchmarking system.
You wouldn't believe how many boxes with computer-related stuff (mostly hardware) I have standing around here 😁

Reply 46 of 55, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well... I hit a little bump in the road.

I locked my back up so I spent the better part of the week before this one laying flat in my bed. Recovery is going well though, I think I'll be making progress again this coming week.

Reply 48 of 55, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
NitroX infinity wrote:

Well... I hit a little bump in the road.

I locked my back up so I spent the better part of the week before this one laying flat in my bed. Recovery is going well though, I think I'll be making progress again this coming week.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Get well soon! 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 50 of 55, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

medium.jpg medium.jpg
(thumbnails, click for larger)

The system is up and running.

But...

When hooked up to the USB port, my USB keyboard (Logitech Classic Keyboard 200) works to get into the BIOS and change stuff in there. But when the system goes beyond the boot-up, the keyboard no longer responds. So I can't tell my system to boot from the cd-rom (Win98se install). I used two different USB to PS/2 converters but then the keyboard does nothing at all when hooked up to the PS/2 port.

So, anyone got an idea to get my keyboard working properly? Or do I need to get a proper PS/2 keyboard?

Reply 51 of 55, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NitroX infinity wrote:

So, anyone got an idea to get my keyboard working properly? Or do I need to get a proper PS/2 keyboard?

Is USB keyboard emulation enabled in the BIOS?

"Enabling USB keyboard emulation in BIOS will enable you to use USB-based keyboards outside of a Windows environment. This is necessary where a USB keyboard is your only option, as you will otherwise be unable to input in any keyboard commands prior to the time Windows loads, meaning you will never be able to boot from disk or load into Safe Mode. "

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 52 of 55, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Or set "USB legacy" to enabled. Hopefully it has such a setting.

Otherwise just get a PS/2 keyboard 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 53 of 55, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, USB legacy was set to disabled. Should have know, I feel stupid now 😜

Reply 54 of 55, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Booting Knoppix on a 100MHz pentium with 64MiB of ram; bad idea 😁

It's taking ages 😵

Reply 55 of 55, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, I went through 3 hard-drives which all apparently were no good (80GB, 40GB & 30GB). So I'm now using my beloved 120GB Seagate 'Cuda.

I added 64MiB of ram and put the cpu at 166MHz (original speed) and knoppix went fine. Used it to partition/format the HDD. I then removed the added 64MiB of memory and put the cpu back at 100MHz. Encountered some odd behaviour though, sure hope no hardware I'm using is on it's last breath.

Oh, and Win98se is installed. Now I need to get drivers and programs/utilities installed and then the games for testing my Tazzie 😁.