VOGONS

Common searches

Turtle Beach Pinnacle question

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What is a realistic price for this card? Its in good shape and has 2x 16MB FPM RAMs.
And its boxed with all content.

[EDIT]
Not mine btw, i want to buy it from one guy.

Reply 1 of 25, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I sold one recently for 80 euros plus postage. Boxed, with every bit included, but no RAM.

Mine was the Turtle Beach Pinnacle Project Studio with the Homac MIDI daughterboard.

Last edited by sprcorreia on 2013-01-16, 20:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 25, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh i see, i knew there existed such addon cards. I think he has the Digital I/O bracket btw. We will see 😀
Thanks for the picture.
I bought it to hear its synth, ive heard Turtle Beach is known for its quality.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 7 of 25, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its here.
It has an Crystal CS8425-CL on that little addon card, but no larger daughterboard.

It does sadly have minor damage. The AUX IN has been damaged, it seems that some one accidentally pulled the cable out and broke the little plastic on the side. Still need to test is it only the plastic or are electronics also damaged.

And yeah, it has 2x 16MB Modules, Floppy and a CD.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 9 of 25, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm about to buy the project studio as well, apparently it also includes a VHS 🤣 when every ca 1997 PC can handle an AVI or MPEG files oh well. I understand the soundcard is 0 compatible with games.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 10 of 25, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vmunix wrote:

I understand the soundcard is 0 compatible with games.

Guessing that you are refering to DOS i have to say that it's not true.

In DOS the EIDE port and joystick port will both work. And you can even use the on-board Kurzweil Synthesizer as a General MIDI device for DOS games.

And by personal experience i can say that the synth is very good.

Reply 12 of 25, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ratfink wrote:

One particular post says it's not sb or adlib compatible - any verification on that aspect?

The card is incompatible with any kind of Sound Blaster or Adlib. But you can add one to the system and enjoy both cards.

Pretty much what we do with the SW60XG or SCC-1.

Reply 13 of 25, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know the sound effects (digital sounds) won't play in this card under DOS, it has a completely different achitecture, Hurricane memory based, instead of IRQ + port + DMA, so unless an emulation software layer exists which I doubt possibly only the Synth part has a chance.
I used to have a Monterey (Tahiti + Rio daughter board) and I remember I wasn't able to make it work with X-Wing

monterey.gif

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 14 of 25, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vmunix wrote:

I used to have a Monterey (Tahiti + Rio daughter board) and I remember I wasn't able to make it work with X-Wing

The MultiSound Monterey had only one requirement printed in the box:

(This is taken from my own MultiSound Monterey box)

on24k.jpg

Reply 15 of 25, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sprcorreia wrote:
vmunix wrote:

The MultiSound Monterey had only one requirement printed in the box:

(This is taken from my own MultiSound Monterey box)

Do you still have the card on its box ? omg!! I only have left a couple of manuals and a few ZIP memory, gave away the Monterey to a friend who lost it, what other TB hardware do you have? any pictures or threads with your stuff ?

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 16 of 25, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vmunix wrote:

Do you still have the card on its box ? omg!! I only have left a couple of manuals and a few ZIP memory, gave away the Monterey to a friend who lost it, what other TB hardware do you have? any pictures or threads with your stuff ?

I think this is the best answer:

j9ug6c.jpg

I've been downsizing my collection, but i still have a few TB cards.
The Pinnacle Project Studio, Monterey, Tahiti, Maui and Santa Cruz.

I have no threads for my cards.

Reply 18 of 25, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vmunix wrote:

Wow!! what other cards did you own?

I have to take a few pictures of the stuff I've got

There were others, mostly low end like Monte Carlo. And there is the fact that i had more than one unit of some models. I think i still have 2 Maui.

If you are refering to another brands, i think i may have more than 50 different sound cards and a few Wavetable Daughterboards (Creative, Yamaha, Roland, Terratec, ESS, Guillemot, Mediavision, Gravis, Aztech, etc.).