VOGONS

Common searches

Turtle Beach Pinnacle question

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 21 of 25, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stojke wrote:

Interesting, have you ever thought of documenting your own collection?
Do you have any newer AuzenTech cards, or newer professional Creative / Others cards?

Yes, i have. I might do it during the next few months, but with all hardware i have.

Newer cards are not of my interest. The last cards i got were the ASUS Xonar D2/PM and a couple Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series.

Reply 22 of 25, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Montecarlos are the most difficult to find for me, any chance you are still able to get one of those? of course as complete as possible, one thing that is apparently hard to find is the software synth for those cards. I have most of the boxed:

Maui
Tahiti
Tropez + (x2)
TBS2000 (1mb rom)
Daytona
Malibu
Montego II (Blister)
Santa Cruz (Blister + Original CD)

I'm about to get a boxed Pinnacle Studio and another Maui

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 23 of 25, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vmunix wrote:

I'm about to buy the project studio as well, apparently it also includes a VHS 🤣 when every ca 1997 PC can handle an AVI or MPEG files oh well. I understand the soundcard is 0 compatible with games.

well if you were just then assembling you pc an avi might be asking a bit much.

Reply 24 of 25, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

found this picture
p1010043kz.jpg

To that pic I can now add the Pinnacle project studio retail I just bought for 50 bucks
pps_l.jpg

An a OEM SantaCruz, I remember at first that SantaCruz retail was very expensive and at some point they were like $19.99 with drivers in an antistatic bag.

santacruz2.jpg

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 25 of 25, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sprcorreia wrote:

Guessing that you are refering to DOS i have to say that it's not true.
In DOS the EIDE port and joystick port will both work. And you can even use the on-board Kurzweil Synthesizer as a General MIDI device for DOS games.
And by personal experience i can say that the synth is very good.

Yes, have same experience with Pinnacle Re: Turtle Beach Multisound Pinnacle - What is it?
Midi qualty in games is very good.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600