Common searches

Biggest wastes of CD-ROM media

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Flight of the Intruder came in a pair of low density floppies, yet there are CD versions being sold on ebay. Dunno if the CDs contain the game's manual though. I plan to tear up my own manual for scanning purpose, but if there is already a good PDF out there....

(nope, the one in replacementdocs ain't very good)

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 23 of 25, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Didn't Klingon Academy duplicate some of the movie scenes on the other discs? 6x CD-ROM's, fun times. I remember someone released a DVD burning "kit" for it once.

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 24 of 25, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

>>>"...a serious refrigeration facility in... Siberia? I've gotta admit, that's one of the last business plans I would've expected to be successful."<<<

Are you kidding? Just *think* about it...that has GOT to be the most efficient, low-cost mass refrigeration facility in the world! I bet their refrigeration compressor almost never has to kick on -- think of the low, low overhead and almost nonexistent operating expenses!! 😀

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 25 of 25, by Mystery

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's a CD-ROM version of the game North&South for the PC. There's 720KB on that whole disc.

Can't beat Team Suzuki, but anything above 1.44MB isn't as much of a waste, as it prevents disk swapping, even if only once *g*

::42::