VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lucky7456969

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The current thing on my mind is a list of software released in every year.
Not available with wiki.

public info, that has already happened
Thanks
Jack

Reply 2 of 16, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

A list of people being born on each day... Probably easier to do than the software thing...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 16, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

It would be nice if there was a proper wiki with known, working fixes for common problems in older games. Something like a combination of ntcompatible.com , MobyGames, and Patches Scrolls.

Reply 6 of 16, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

You mean like PCGamingWiki?

I'd think he means like that, but with a more complete complement of DOS games and their DOSBox issues. With only 763 entries and only 16 DOS titles, it provides fairly shallow coverage of PC gaming. There are many thousands just of DOS games.

Reply 7 of 16, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's a start, I guess. A lot of stuff listed appears to be fairly recent. I can think of numerous things that are missing. ("So add them!" is the obvious response. Have any of you tried to do so?)

kolano wrote:

I'd think he means like that, but with a more complete complement of DOS games and their DOSBox issues. With only 763 entries and only 16 DOS titles, it provides fairly shallow coverage of PC gaming. There are many thousands just of DOS games.

Most DOS games don't have issues with DOSBox, though, and those that do might be fixed in the "next version". It would definitely be useful to store Mr. Ripsaw's patches in a neat central repository, though.

Reply 9 of 16, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RoyBatty wrote:

Old game patches, so many just disappeared from BBS's and the Net, Compuserve, etc...

Thankfully many are archived at Patches Scrolls. You'd be surprised at how many archives of content exist out there as well, though numerous bits of content must have gone missing.

Reply 10 of 16, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kolano wrote:
RoyBatty wrote:

Thankfully many are archived at Patches Scrolls. You'd be surprised at how many archives of content exist out there as well, though numerous bits of content must have gone missing.

Two things that I know of and which I think are lost:
- PureVex demo (PowerVR exclusive game)
- MDK A3D patch

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 13 of 16, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kolano wrote:
leileilol wrote:

You mean like PCGamingWiki?

We have just crossed 3000 games goal
And as of now 264 DOS games have their pages (although not everyone will probably be complete)

Our mediawiki sorcerer is just waiting for new ideas to be posted on the forums and implemented then.
Otherwise.. well there's dosbox wiki which you could help growing up. The choice is yours 🤣

Besides, bumping old thread is not impolite on vogons, right? :p

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 14 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's okay if it's for a good cause 😀

There should definetly be a more comprehensive resource for DOS games but I won't say any more since I don't want to be one of those people that bitch about something and does nothing about it...

I have my hands full with my compatibility list and keeping my games organized. heh.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 16 of 16, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Another thing that I really think got lost are the EAX SDKs..
They required to sign up so the wayback machine can't help.

And even creative itself seems to have lost them (even though this may be simply an excuse)

pcgamingwiki.com