Common searches

Place your bets :D

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 40, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow that's instant karma for you, what a great find! And much higher entertainment value than a TV's ever going to give you.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 21 of 40, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmofo wrote:

Wow that's instant karma for you, what a great find! And much higher entertainment value than a TV's ever going to give you.

You are so right!

Reply 25 of 40, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

That old thermal grease is nasty, get some thermal grease remover from the hardware shop if they have it (it's basically citric acid I think).

...or just use alcohol, which you probably already have and works just fine.

Acetone (the thing ladies use to remove fingernail paint) works superb for cleaning thermal paste.

Great acquisition Racoon!

Let the air flow!

Reply 26 of 40, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmofo wrote:

An old CRT TV can give some great value with some old consoles too you know 😀

Reply 27 of 40, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:

The way that motherboard is laid out, reminds me of a Tomato/Zida 4DPS.

yeah definitely a 4DPS, which is actually pretty good.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 28 of 40, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I removed thermal paste with vodka, I'm from Russia, so why the hell not? 😁
I'm not a consumer myself, but almost every family here has vodka for cleaning and disenfecting... and an occasional glass or two.

By the way, there was only 16 MB of FPM RAM, so the wabbajack goes to Markk as the first person to guess the closest answer!

Bear it with pride, Markk!
250px-StaffWabbajack.png

Reply 29 of 40, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RacoonRider wrote:
I removed thermal paste with vodka, I'm from Russia, so why the hell not? :D I'm not a consumer myself, but almost every family […]
Show full quote

I'm not a consumer myself, but almost every family here has vodka for cleaning and disenfecting... and an occasional glass or two.

By the way, there was only 16 MB of FPM RAM, so the wabbajack goes to Markk as the first person to guess the closest answer!

250px-StaffWabbajack.png

Hey man I want that wabbajack, give it to me! Markk just rephrased what I've already said first, what do you think is a "Pentium 133 made by AMD" ? 😈

BGWG as in Boogie Woogie.

Reply 30 of 40, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:

I removed thermal paste with vodka, I'm from Russia, so why the hell not? 😁 ...

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

My monitor is fully sprayed with coffee now 🤣 .

The vodka could also help the CPU into a spirited overclocking 😁 .

Let the air flow!

Reply 31 of 40, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why does a Trio32 need active cooling? Because it's running at 50MHz.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 33 of 40, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Why does a Trio32 need active cooling? Because it's running at 50MHz.

I think the PCI bus in that configuration runs at 25Mhz.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 34 of 40, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RacoonRider wrote:
I removed thermal paste with vodka, I'm from Russia, so why the hell not? :D I'm not a consumer myself, but almost every family […]
Show full quote

250px-StaffWabbajack.png

And the big question on everyone's mind is, does vodka conduct electricity?

Reply 35 of 40, by Markk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:
Bear it with pride, Markk! http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120229014134/elderscrolls/images/thumb/2/24/StaffWabbajack.pn […]
Show full quote

250px-StaffWabbajack.png

Thank you very much!
I feel a little embarrassed, as I had no clue about your gift. I had to google it, in order to find out what it is. I saw that it has some abilities like transforming an enemy into a lesser creature, like a rabbit. Unless it can be used to transform a modern PC into a nice retro computer, I wouldn't mind giving it to my friend Filosofia who seems to have a greater need for it than I do.

Filosofia wrote:

Markk just rephrased what I've already said first, what do you think is a "Pentium 133 made by AMD" ?

A 5K86 or K5, if you asked me, probably running at 100MHz (PR133). 😉

Reply 36 of 40, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:
Show full quote

250px-StaffWabbajack.png

Up here a 750ml (commonly called a two-six) of low end vodka costs at least $20! 😳 I wouldn't use it for anything but consumption at that price. Damn Canadian liquor laws. 🤣

sliderider wrote:

And the big question on everyone's mind is, does vodka conduct electricity?

Even if it were cheap, typical vodka contains too much water and impurities to be trustworthy with computer components.

On the bright side though, rubbing alcohol is cheap and widely available, and it works wonders for cleaning computer components. 😁 Sure as hell wouldn't drink it though. 🤣

Reply 37 of 40, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Markk wrote:
Thank you very much! I feel a little embarrassed, as I had no clue about your gift. I had to google it, in order to find out wh […]
Show full quote
RacoonRider wrote:
Bear it with pride, Markk! http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120229014134/elderscrolls/images/thumb/2/24/StaffWabbajack.pn […]
Show full quote

250px-StaffWabbajack.png

Thank you very much!
I feel a little embarrassed, as I had no clue about your gift. I had to google it, in order to find out what it is. I saw that it has some abilities like transforming an enemy into a lesser creature, like a rabbit. Unless it can be used to transform a modern PC into a nice retro computer, I wouldn't mind giving it to my friend Filosofia who seems to have a greater need for it than I do.

Filosofia wrote:

Markk just rephrased what I've already said first, what do you think is a "Pentium 133 made by AMD" ?

A 5K86 or K5, if you asked me, probably running at 100MHz (PR133). 😉

Shucks! No more bets for me, got to give up gambling 😁
Anyways the keys just kill me! This was real luck , congratulations RacoonRider! And Markk for guessing it
😏

BGWG as in Boogie Woogie.

Reply 38 of 40, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Up here a 750ml (commonly called a two-six) of low end vodka costs at least $20! 😳 I wouldn't use it for anything but consumption at that price. Damn Canadian liquor laws. 🤣

Oh dear, I payed less than 10 USD for 2 litres... No wonder we're a nation of alcoholics

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

On the bright side though, rubbing alcohol is cheap and widely available, and it works wonders for cleaning computer components. 😁 Sure as hell wouldn't drink it though. 🤣

You'll be surprised, people here drink such things. My father used to take 92% technological alcohol with us on long trips to taiga (almost a month in the woods). I tried it too (with water, of course), altough it's not us, it's the team that needed to get high on special occasions like taking a bath 😁 By the way, the second wabbajack goes to the one who guesses why vodka and other drinks were off the list 😀

Other than that, I saw people drinking perfume, dishcleaner, haw liqueur from the drugstore... I wonder if potassium cyanide would work on them 😀

Reply 39 of 40, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:

... By the way, the second wabbajack goes to the one who guesses why vodka and other drinks were off the list 😀 ...

Freezing point too high?

Let the air flow!