VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Someone once mentioned an online store that sells big-box games, new or refurb, I don't remember.

Does anyone else know the name of this place and/or has a link?

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 4 of 9, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BigBodZod wrote:

Big Box games as in when you used to purchase DOS/Windows/AMIGA games that came with a full sized manual and the diskettes or cd ?

Yessum.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 5 of 9, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:
BigBodZod wrote:

Big Box games as in when you used to purchase DOS/Windows/AMIGA games that came with a full sized manual and the diskettes or cd ?

Yessum.

I figured as much, it is nice to have that box with the artwork and a full sized manual.

But for new games, unless I purchase a collectors item, I'm not as keen on the full sized boxes.

This is why I have Steam and Gog

As for my collection of big boxes, many have been stored away as my shelf space is finite, like everybodies I imagine 😉

However, i keep out the CD's or the Diskettes in containers I can access readily.

I'm looking up at my two top/front shelves while typing this and noting some recent games like Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1 etc..

These are the small box era type cases, with the smaller printed manual or PDF doc.

Then on the bottom shelf I noted my Quake III Arena box, one of the metal type with the sliding lid/cover and next to it is my old Windows 95 Secrets, 3rd Edtition book 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 7 of 9, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You may try cdaccess, http://www.cdaccess.com/. They often have some interesting older PC games.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 8 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yup, CD Access is the way to go. I'm kind of surprised they're still in business. They must have low overhead costs.

Mastertronic, which bought out Sold-Out Software a while ago, is also pretty good in that they offer older stuff with relatively reasonable international shipping. Until GOG finally snagged it, they were the easiest way to get Alpha Centauri with the Alien Crossfire expansion.