VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Can any one tell me what kind of a PSU format is this?

pconn.jpg

I saw the same thing on my Dells, but they have no 4PIN cpu connector.
What PSU models have this and is it required.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 1 of 9, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ATX 20 pin main power cable, 4 pin ATX +12 volt power cable, 6 pin auxiliary power cable

ATX12V 1.0 and 1.3 PSUs have that connector.

My A7M266-D with a Thermaltake PSU.

My 2K2 Dream Machine (almost complete)

Reply 2 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Awesome rig! Similar to what i want to make, only my GPU will be Voodoo 5 5500 😀

This is the current plan. I am planning on either getting an SCSI PCI-X controller or SAS.

Processor : 2x AMSN2600DKT3C
Video : 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500
RAM : 4x 512MB DDR1 266MHz
Audio : Audigy 1 Platnium PRO
Hard Drive : 80GB SATA / 40GB ATA
Addition#01 : 2x SATA 1.5 expansion card
Addition#02 : 4x USB 2.0 expansion card

Can you tell me what PSU model that is? I didnt manage to find 6 pin auxiliary power cable PSUs.

Reply 3 of 9, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As an alternative to finding a PSU with the right connectors, there were also adapter cables made for such a purpose. There were versions both with and without the P4 connector, but it's easy enough to add a molex->P4 adapter if necessary. I don't know if an adapter would be any easier to find in your region than a complete PSU... but it's a possible option anyhow.

If you do go for an adapter, though, make absolutely sure you get the right kind. There's also some that adapt ATX to the Dell type... they look similar, and they will plug in, but the Dell ones are wired differently and bad things will happen if you try to use one on a standard board.

Reply 4 of 9, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thermaltake Purepower 480W. I had two. They are 10 years old (give or take). PSUs with these connectors were made around 2000-2003...

Reply 5 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah i know that Dells are wired differently 😀

Thanks for the info! I will try to find an adapter or make one.

Also i see, well thats too bad. But amazing to hear that Tt had 480W PSUs back that, really interesting.
Thanks for clearing this mystery for me, much appreciated!

Once the rig is done i will post pics of it.

Reply 6 of 9, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's a standard plug on early ATX PSU's, IIRC it was mainly used on Pentium 4 boards with SDR SDRAM.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 8 of 9, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It is supplemental 3.3v and 5v. Maybe since this is a dualie but does not have 8pin EPS they need both that EAUXPWR (ASUS name) and ATX12V. Don't want to fry your power connectors (been there 🤣).