Common searches

Looking for Pie 3D GCS games

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 50, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anyone know if there was ever a demo of Terminal Terror? This page mentions a file called terror.zip, which was supposedly available at this address:
http://www.inet-images.com/cation/terminal/terror.zip

However the Wayback Machine has not preserved that page/file. It has also crawled a file called terror.zip at GamesMania:
http://gamesmania.com/english/common/demos/terror.zip

It should be noted though that GamesMania's Demo Depot does not mention any download of Terminal Terror, so this file could be related to a different game altogether.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games

Reply 22 of 50, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC that's a different, completely unrelated 1997 GCS game that's coincidentially named "Terminal Terror" (I have it and it's most definitely not the 1994 GCS game by Pie)

The Gamesmania terror.zip file is supposed to be XCOM 2: Terror From the Deep.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 24 of 50, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember seeing Pie in the Sky in a PC Gamer magazine once and dreaming of creating my very own FPS! Never did get my hands on it.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 25 of 50, by RadioPoultry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Last year, I downloaded a file called TERROR.ZIP from a site called "GIFfer's File Warehouse" (which, unfortunately, seems to be down for the last few months). I hadn't tried playing it before, but after reading the last few posts, I have.

It's a GCS game called Dungeon of Terror 1925.

Here's an excerpt from a text file:

Hello! My name is Jim Ball-- but you can call me jb for short. I have worked on this software for some time now, and the first t […]
Show full quote

Hello! My name is Jim Ball-- but you can call me jb for short.
I have worked on this software for some time now, and the first three levels
of the game are in the shareware version of Dungeon of Terror.

Background of the game:

The date is October 25, 1925. In the story, there are two plots.

1) Your dream castle home has turned into a living nightmare as you must
struggle to vanquish the evil forces contaminating your happy home of
your ancestors' castle in England for over 700 years.

2) You must stop a new society of men calling themselves Blue Soldiers, for
they are turning your new home into a place to sell and hide beer and wine
as they make money on Prohibition in U. S. in Chicago.

The installation program didn't work for me, so I took the liberty unzipping the files myself into the 1925 and DATA subdirectories, and created a new file,

Filename
DungeonOfTerror1925.zip
File size
4.47 MiB
Downloads
99 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 27 of 50, by RadioPoultry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

JIM HAD A SECOND GAME!?

Nice video!

The documentation with Dungeon of Terror 1925 makes reference to the following games:

Other 3-D games Freedom Soldier part 1 (battling Skull leaders) Freedom Soldier part 2 (bug attack) […]
Show full quote

Other 3-D games
Freedom Soldier part 1 (battling Skull leaders)
Freedom Soldier part 2 (bug attack)

3-D games in the works as of 5/20/96 time table
Yesterday's Past
Moon Base 12 in year 2049AD
Return of Nuls (part 3 of Freedom Soldier)
*(MEGA SOLDIER) mega-pack of Freedom Soldier Part 1 and Part 2 in one full
game-- play all the levels in one big game; two games for price of one.

Reply 28 of 50, by fnoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Neato. Nice to see all this work. There's a bunch of crossover between Pie in the Sky and RSD Game-Maker. Many of the same users, roughly the same time period.

I didn't see on a few scans -- are these being collected somewhere in particular, online? Is there a repository?

Reply 29 of 50, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just found intact snapshots of two 3D GCS games, Graliens and Adolf-X (how original!), both have demo downloads that work.

Reply 30 of 50, by romaman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I've been reading this site so many times and I'm a big fan of video games. Especially I like older games from the 80s and 90s. These include games that were made with the Pie in the Sky Engine. Unfortunately, there is not much moving material from these games on YouTube, and then never completely. BUT now I found this channel a long time ago, archiving First Person Games or even OLD titles. There are a lot of games with the Pie in the Sky Engine and there are always some of them. So I think this channel is great and can only recommend you. If you like Pie in the Sky and other old games, check out this channel. The channel is called "HoFPG Hall of First Person Games"

I'll link that to you: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg15o2O5-_TmS2RrQL8a1dw

Reply 31 of 50, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just found a different YouTube channel (was looking for records of Gary Acord games, believe it or not) with lots of streamed FPS titles of mostly low quality, including a number of 3D GCS titles:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChineseTonyDanza/videos

Reply 32 of 50, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, that would be Zero X. Diamond. He primarily streams on Twitch and he has indeed played the Gary Acord games live on stream.

He's certainly interested in archiving these old gems.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 33 of 50, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just found the German demo of 3D GCS that was distributed by Jurgen Egeling Computer. It's called Industrial Killers like the regular demo but features completely different levels (not involving the shooting of humans as far as I can tell), presumably due to German censorship. I got it off this shareware CD.

The loading screen gives you a plot featuring mutated insects that are a product of exposure to toxic waste.

Reply 34 of 50, by lgbsoftware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I created deadly technology... I still have it on my computer, the funny thing is in my youth I misspelled technology. I have a few other games not exactly from your list but GCS created by me :p

I got really good with the original Doss editor and using Universal registers was making Bridges I could walk over and under spiral staircases Etc but like so many of us I put my finished product on floppy disk and they became outdated old and disappeared one way or another so much was lost. I remember when the computer at my parents house crashed and I lost years of work I almost cried at least I had the GCS CD-ROM so I could start over.

I don't believe I've used this for him before I have no idea how it works please let me know how I could get my old games to you

As well just a side note in 2009 I started a project with the original Doss GCS oh, I think the last work I did on it was 2010 but every couple years I play the game and imagine what comes next. Since covid-19 I have been putting more and more time into it.

The sad part is the computer that everything is stored on is Windows XP oh, I have a few registry errors and just hidden things that are fouling the performance of the GCS specifically gcspaint, as well when I make final all that plays in the game is the MIDI files to wav files magically disappeared either that or there's something wrong with the way my computer is reading the game.

Please let's do communicate, I'm just shocked I've been searching for my people for so long and I found them here. It's been years friend. I'm just surprised I could not find a GCS fan page on Flipping Facebook... Okay not abusing talk-to-text ;p

Reply 35 of 50, by lgbsoftware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pictures of deadly technology game

Attachments

Reply 36 of 50, by lgbsoftware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Picture of my current project , well at least my 10 year old project Castle Death Race

Attachments

Reply 37 of 50, by lgbsoftware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2013-03-21, 18:26:

Sorry, I don't have any older GCSgames archives.

I do have two of those games mentioned however.

I'm still figuring out how to utilize this forum... I'm totally a GCS gamer, as well as creator. A question for you, where do I get dosbox I've been having problems with ntvdm.exe and Associated files. My major issue is that mvp paint AKA GCS paint will not run on my XP system... Probably due to all the service pack upgrades period. I just want to find a reliable safe emulator so that I can continue working on my GCS project

I went to dosbox. Com and anything that I tried downloading from there it said the files do not exist , perhaps I shown up after the party?

Reply 38 of 50, by lgbsoftware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mystery wrote on 2013-03-21, 16:40:
leileilol: […]
Show full quote

leileilol:

Oh, wow! That was much faster than I expected 😀

I've tried getting some of these games from the archive.org backup of the GCSGames website, but almost everything was offline.

Thank you so very much 😀
In fact, you're just the person I was hoping to see this thread since I know you have a weak spot for this engine, but I didn't know the gcsgames was your project! Excellent! Beautiful!

Now, I don't want to sound greedy or anything, but on an older version of the website had a lot more games listed. Is there any chance you have them archived somewhere?

These links on the website also seem to be dead (there are more dead, but these are the ones I'm still missing):
North v. Memorial (Beta 2.0)
Operation: One Level Quickie Demo
Swallowed
Techno Prison
Vehicle of Freedom

But again, thanks already! I could cross quite a few games off my list, fantastic 😀

I'm not sure I'm using this forum correctly but I would like to participate as well I need a little group help with my project