Rank
l33t++

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_e … d&v=s_P6henWN6o

Reply 2 of 31, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm not sure if it's just me or the PC's version looks bleary. Despite the uploader's comments, the PS4's version seems to be brighter and have higher-looking textures, or whatever you call it, and I find it better looking overall. Maybe it's just me.

(I wonder what graphics card was used (I'm guessing one of the Nvidia family) to render these scenes and if it would have made a difference by using another card.

But the PS4 does have higher frame drops at certain positions.

On the other hand, field of depth in the PC version do look more pronounced and detailed.

Whatever it is, I love the Two Steps From Hell's Heart of Courage music accompanying the video. Worthy of the next Elder Scroll's theme. 😁

Last edited by Malik on 2013-04-03, 13:55. Edited 1 time in total.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 3 of 31, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The graphics are more vivid on PS4. But you can't compare a modular system with a PS4 where you can only change a hard drive.

Consoles always did have more power over PCs when it comes to games, but PCs out run them in a short time.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 5 of 31, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stojke wrote:

The graphics are more vivid on PS4. But you can't compare a modular system with a PS4 where you can only change a hard drive.

Consoles always did have more power over PCs when it comes to games, but PCs out run them in a short time.

The benefit of custom hardware and highly tweaked settings give consoles that appearance.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 6 of 31, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

PS4 looks sharper as it doesn't have that extra post processing effects that make everything blur. I always turn that off in games to have sharp picture. I hate blur. Unluckily not every game allows that i guess... I guess it is the poor light and smoke/fog that is supposed to make it blur in reality. But for me it just emulates a hero who needs glasses... On the other hand it adds to game difficulty in harsh conditions.

Last edited by robertmo on 2013-04-03, 15:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 8 of 31, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The whole image captured from PC looks too blurry for being a full 1080p capture. It makes me question the method used to do the actual capturing. Take this video with a grain of salt people.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 9 of 31, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

The whole image captured from PC looks too blurry for being a full 1080p capture. It makes me question the method used to do the actual capturing. Take this video with a grain of salt people.

That is why I don't buy the hype until I see it in person.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 10 of 31, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

i watched it again and it is the hot air that makes pc blure. Notice that the picture is actually "floating" cause of hot air.
And this video was meant to show that pc is way better.
it was made with gf 680. BTW gf titanium is said to be 2.5x faster than ps4

Reply 14 of 31, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ah yes, UE4 demonstrations, the new e-penis waving of the Sony fanboy community, fellating Mark Rein as a 'next gen' god, hoping UE4 games will stomp Nintendo out of existence.

Also the realtime GI was taken out of UE4. It's really not that much different than UE3 at this point.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 15 of 31, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I expect the PS4/720/whatever will have good hardware initially, but over time they'll become once again deprecated vs the PC. Even older games can benefit from PC upgrades, but an old console game will always be an old console game. Eventually you won't even be able to play it when you buy a new console, unless you keep multiple systems hooked up.

As I don't use modern consoles, I should have little reason to care about them. But I have a grudge about the way Bethesda has dumbed down the Elder Scrolls series to cater to the console market. I bet the same thing happens to other game series all the time.
I do like Nintendo, I'd much rather see them prosper but I don't hold much hope for their future.

I wish the PC gaming crowd didn't scare so many people away with ridiculous notions about requiring overpowered hardware. There's a lot of mythology out there about needing $500 video cards. People who hear that go running to Sony and Microsoft. You can game on a $50 card if that's all you've got, but people online will ridicule it instead of welcoming their participation.

The Steam Box concept is interesting. However, I hope those boxes don't evolve in a direction that encourages PC game design to become more "consolized" than it is now. The reason I got into PC gaming in the first place is because I like the complexity that the PC environment encourages.

Reply 17 of 31, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shamino wrote:

Even older games can benefit from PC upgrades, but an old console game will always be an old console game.

This is PC centric snobbery at its best. I don't like the current consoles but one has to acknowledge the stuff that they did with this ancient hardware by PC standards. Look at all those generic shooters, I honestly don't see any big visual differences to PC games save for lack of DX11 effects and lower resolution which is no big deal at all when playing on a TV where you're sitting far away. Especially titles which are made exclusively for consoles hold up quite well. Wipeout HD for PS3 was neatly programmed to where it alternates between different resolutions up to Full HD on the fly, creating an illusion of more detail. Needless to say that a GF 7800 or anything like that won't get you anywhere in current PC games.

Still consolizing PC games is a very bad idea which Epic hopefully realized with the failure that UT3 was. When playing on the PC I want the PC advantages. But that "console games have teh bad graphics" bashing is junk...

Reply 18 of 31, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
d1stortion wrote:

But that "console games have teh bad graphics" bashing is junk...

I remember that Grand Theft Auto IV graphics sucked on consoles so much when compared to PC. And that was in 2008! Half a decade ago!

Reply 19 of 31, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What a bad example, this game was so badly optimized for PCs and was bascially unplayable on the machines back then on decent settings. Look at something like Halo 4 for good graphics on current consoles