Topic actions

Reply 41 of 44, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Great Hierophant wrote:
Malik wrote:
Call me an old geezer, but my "attachment" with Lucasfilm Games / Lucasarts was lost from the advent of Escape from Monkey Islan […]
Show full quote

Call me an old geezer, but my "attachment" with Lucasfilm Games / Lucasarts was lost from the advent of Escape from Monkey Island onwards.

Still, my all time favourites remain :

1. The Secret of Monkey Island
2. Monkey Island 2 : Le Chuck's Revenge
3. Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis
4. Sam and Max Hit the Road , and,
5. Day of the Tentacle
6. The Dig
7. Full Throttle

hey, wait a minute! The list keeps growing!...

On the other hand, I REALLY wanted to like Grim Fandango, but I was never able to overcome the control interface and frequently get frustrated turning him around to elicit the required actions. The same reason why I was not able to enjoy Escape from Monkey Island. I know many Grim fans will not agree with me, but that's the resaon I was not able to enjoy it.

Your favorites date from 1995 and earlier. As much as I love Grim Fandango, even I admit its control scheme leaves something to be desired. However, its much easier to control if you use a gamepad.

I think there are two, maybe three or four kinds of LucasArts fans, with the major camps being the SCUMM and the Star Wars fans. Minor camps may include early Lucasfilm (pre-SCUMM Ball Blazer, Koronis Rift) and simulator fans who like SWOTL and X-Wing/TIE Fighter.

Was The Eidolon a LA game? I remember playing that, Ball Blazer and Koronis Rift constantly on my Atari 800XL.

Reply 42 of 44, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Great Hierophant wrote:

I think there are two, maybe three or four kinds of LucasArts fans, with the major camps being the SCUMM and the Star Wars fans. Minor camps may include early Lucasfilm (pre-SCUMM Ball Blazer, Koronis Rift) and simulator fans who like SWOTL and X-Wing/TIE Fighter.

Five. Don't forget the Zombies Ate My Neighbors cult out there.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 44 of 44, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I will say that LucasArts' Super Star Wars (co-developed with Sculptured Software) and Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures (developed by Factor 5, but using the engine from SSW) games for the SNES were well done, but Nintendo Hard.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog