VOGONS

Common searches

RIP LucasArts

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 44, by Scylla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Man, when I saw TIE Fighter. I never played a flight sim before and I almost never did after. It was such an impressive game.

I have many fond memories of waiting anxiously for the next LucasArts graphic adventure, and then playing them with my brother, both of us enjoying them immensely and resisting the urge to write to some magazine or ask a friend about a puzzle, or spending the entire morning at school pondering about where we left stuck.

The thing I loved the most about LucasArts adventures was that, with the exception of some games (Fate of Atlantis, perhaps? Or the Last Crusade?) you couldn't die and almost surely you won't be left stuck because you didn't get an item before.

Edit: count me among the SCUMM bunch 😉 Although I loved KotOR, it's one of my favourite games of all time.

Reply 22 of 44, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo wrote:

Everything by Disney is childish and naive so no hope for any more good star wars games...

What about movies then? Will we get three more Phantom Menaces or Holiday Specials? Ewoks and Gungans movies?

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 27 of 44, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

now i recall i was happy they didn't bought lucas arts that time 🤣
oh well.. latest indiana jones wasn't good anyway...so at least no loss.. or it no longer matters... :hopeless:
time for new series by others

Reply 28 of 44, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Iam also going to save the update data of all those game.. I totually agree that i wont last long and this server is going down. (Because its to expensive to keep it up) And disney doesnt care at all i think.

Better save then sorry!

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 30 of 44, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well I'm downloading all the patches for the PC games. Only ~ 2GB 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 32 of 44, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Well I'm downloading all the patches for the PC games. Only ~ 2GB 😀

You will be making these publicly available, I trust?

Totally! But let's wait until the server really goes offline. Maybe add it to the Vogons site somehow?

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 33 of 44, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
robertmo wrote:

Everything by Disney is childish and naive so no hope for any more good star wars games...

That is the entire point of Disney. They embrace the inner child. If you want to live in a dark world of death and despair, look elsewhere.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 35 of 44, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
laxdragon wrote:
robertmo wrote:

That is the entire point of Disney. They embrace the inner child. If you want to live in a dark world of death and despair, look elsewhere.

Which is a very naive attitude and a bad lesson to be teaching our children. We should be teaching our children that the world isn't filled with sweetness and light so they will be prepared to live in it as adults.

Reply 36 of 44, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Which is a very naive attitude and a bad lesson to be teaching our children. We should be teaching our children that the world isn't filled with sweetness and light so they will be prepared to live in it as adults.

This is getting off-topic, but I'll bite. Nobody can permanently escape the darkness of our world. As far as kids not learning that, as soon as they start dealing with other kids, and some adults, they learn fast about how dark some people can be. We need companies like Disney that can provide a temporary escape from it all.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 37 of 44, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was introduced to Lucasfilm Games with The Secret of Monkey Island. First played the EGA version with Sound Blaster music in my then brand new 286 with a 40MB hard drive. I was lucky enough to own a hard disk at that time, which negates the need to swap the 8 x 360kb 5.25" disks that it came with.

This picture will be always engraved in my heart:

8622581802_199dccb66a_c.jpg 8621499235_cae7f785c2_z.jpg

Sigh:

8621478679_40eb1f221f_b.jpg

8622581734_1c76cf9f76_c.jpg

Double sigh....

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 39 of 44, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Even though Star wars is incredibly old and lame now, Lucas Arts did make some great games. Sadly every single game from 2000 was a star wars game.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"