VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Long story.

I still keep my gameport version CH Fighter Stick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals, but unable to use it since I have lost their installation disk. Most importantly, I lost the Speedkeys software to program the controllers.

Recently, I plan to use them again on my 440BX rig, but I simply couldn't find the Speedkeys software. I even asked on CH Hangar forum, but got no reply (the CH hangar has been pretty quiet anyway).

Fortunately, the legendary Bob "stickworks" Church is a still pretty active user there, and I found his post that says, in response to another user, he still has the software, so I emailed him and ask if he could help me too - and he did. He gave me an URL to his site (stickworks.com) for me to download. A great guy. 😀

So I downloaded the zip file. Turned out it is not merely the Speedkeys, but the entire software suite for CH gameport controllers. You can find the Speedkeys installer in the DRIVERS\SpeedKey folder in the zip file.

I have downloaded the zip file, and in turn uploaded it into my MEGA account.

CH gameport software suite - Download link.

Anyway, I tried to upload it into Vogons drivers page, but when I logged in using my Vogons account, I failed. How to upload the file into Vogons drivers? I've been pretty much paranoid due to the disappearance of legacy software from the internet, so I think rare software like that needs to be preserved.

Thanks.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 1 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyway, if you happen to look for the manual for the game A.T.A.C - The Secret War agains drugs, you can also find it here.

It's not from my own manual though (haven''t got the time to scan it). Found it on scribd, believe it or not. It's not on replacementdocs, by the way.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 2 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also, Flight of the Intruder manual - the hardest thing to find on the internet next to Speedkeys.

Reply 4 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

That is bloody nice ! 😀

Thanks, I hope it is. 😀

Speedkeys is pretty hard to find. Before Bob Church gave me his link, the only Speedkeys I could find is being put in hostage by the notorious DriverGuide. And I can't even be sure whether the DriverGuide's SpeedKeys is genuine or fake.

Reply 6 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

Well, I just hope vogonsdrivers wants (and can have permission) to get the driver and all that cool stuff.

Same here. 😀

I also have several motherboard BIOS and manuals I wish to preserve, is it okay to put them in vogondrivers?

Reply 7 of 27, by SiliconClassics

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm having all kinds of trouble trying to download this from MEGA - it complains about browser version, then it wants an updated flash version, etc.

Is there somewhere else you can host it?

Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+

Reply 8 of 27, by Scylla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SiliconClassics wrote:

I'm having all kinds of trouble trying to download this from MEGA - it complains about browser version, then it wants an updated flash version, etc.

Is there somewhere else you can host it?

Under Chrome for Windows, it works quite well for me. However, here's a link to it mirrored from my own server. I don't think that it's going to hurt my purchased bandwith.

Reply 9 of 27, by SiliconClassics

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks Scylla, but I was looking for the CH Speedkeys drivers, not the ATAC manual. Any chance you could host it?

Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+

Reply 10 of 27, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Back in around 2005, CH was trying to dump all of their lower-end gameport devices in a blow-out sale. I picked up four gameport GameStick 3D units during that sale. They came with driver CDROMs that have software for all of their products at that time, including SpeedKeys. Of the four sticks that I purchased, there were two variants of the driver CDROMs. If you like, I can make ISOs of these discs available to you. I just don't know how I would get them to you. If you have a place I can upload them, I'm happy to do it. I've also scanned the discs so you can see what was printed on them. This way, you can try to differentiate the two versions of the driver discs.

The GameStick 3Ds were certainly not up to the usual standard of CH quality. The rudder/twist action of the stick is particularly prone to failure. However, the pots in these are the same ones used in other CH devices, so they're worth saving.

Reply 11 of 27, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Anyway, I tried to upload it into Vogons drivers page, but when I logged in using my Vogons account, I failed. How to upload the file into Vogons drivers? I've been pretty much paranoid due to the disappearance of legacy software from the internet, so I think rare software like that needs to be preserved.

Thanks.

VogonsDrivers doesn't use the same password as the Vogons forum, I need to create an account on there for you manually.

I'll PM you.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 12 of 27, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I downloaded the CH drivers file from Kreshna's Mega website and compared it to my cdroms. My cdroms have a bunch of ancient demo software on them, but the drivers are the same as the ones already available in the Mega download. In fact, Kreshna's Bob Church CH drivers compilation is more complete than the collection on my cdroms.

The only thing I can still offer that you haven't already made available is a copy of SpeedKeys v1.6b. However, I remember reading somewhere that v1.6 and v1.6b are supposed to be identical. But who knows...

Anyway, if anybody would like SpeedKeys v1.6B, just let me know. I'll be happy to share it.

Reply 13 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Thanks.

VogonsDrivers doesn't use the same password as the Vogons forum, I need to create an account on there for you manually.

I'll PM you.

I have received the password, thanks! 😀

Reply 14 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KT7AGuy wrote:

I downloaded the CH drivers file from Kreshna's Mega website and compared it to my cdroms. My cdroms have a bunch of ancient demo software on them, but the drivers are the same as the ones already available in the Mega download. In fact, Kreshna's Bob Church CH drivers compilation is more complete than the collection on my cdroms.

Consider the source. 😁

KT7AGuy wrote:

The only thing I can still offer that you haven't already made available is a copy of SpeedKeys v1.6b. However, I remember reading somewhere that v1.6 and v1.6b are supposed to be identical. But who knows...

Anyway, if anybody would like SpeedKeys v1.6B, just let me know. I'll be happy to share it.

I would. 😁

Reply 15 of 27, by Scylla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Please, share your SpeedKeys version for us. I think that anything you can offer that we haven't got access to would be welcome.

KT7AGuy, of course I can. Thanks a lot, Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman, for all these files.

Reply 17 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Scylla wrote:

Please, share your SpeedKeys version for us. I think that anything you can offer that we haven't got access to would be welcome.

KT7AGuy, of course I can. Thanks a lot, Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman, for all these files.

You're welcome, but I believe Bob Church is the one who deserves the thanks. 😀 I've been looking for Speedkeys for years in vain until I emailed the guy.

Malik wrote:

I just helped to upload Kreshna's file to VogonsDrivers. You can find it here.

Thanks bro, my internet connection has been shitty since yesterday.

I'll still keep the files in my MEGA account as well. The more backups, the better.

Anyone remember the website Thrustmaster Resource Center? Yup, it has the most comprehensive sets of Thrustmaster buttons layout - right from the original FCS to F-22 FLCS. I remember saving all the pages on my hard drive, only to loose those files when my laptop was stolen a year ago. Imagine my anguish when I found out thrustmaster.vanree.net has been dead. 😢 I'll not let it happen to CH files as well.

Reply 18 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Added DTK PRM 0080i User Guide to Vogons Drivers.

Reply 19 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Added CH F-16 Fighterstick (gameport version) QuickStart guide to Vogons Drivers.

Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on 2013-04-15, 09:11. Edited 1 time in total.