VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Isle of the Dead. Cult classic or just plain bad?

Reply 1 of 13, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Millenia: Altered Destinies

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.
WIP: external midi module based on NEC wavetable (Yamaha clone)

Reply 3 of 13, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dark Seed, cult classic from the early 90's IMO. Technically speaking the game had a lot of flaws.

936fulldarkseedcover.jpg

Last edited by Pingaloka on 2013-04-20, 21:09. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 13, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I enjoyed Operation Body Count for some reason. One of my all-time favorites that may fit into this category was Quarantine. It's like crazy taxi, but with blood, guts and trannys.

Reply 7 of 13, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

The Fortress of Dr. Radiaki

http://www.mobygames.com/game/fortress-of-dr-radiaki

Creature Shock

http://www.mobygames.com/game/creature-shock

Yes, I own these two. I don't know what compelled me to buy them 😅

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 8 of 13, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

D.R.A.G.O.N Force is thrashed by HOTU review, but I actually like the real-time-with-pause combat system.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 9 of 13, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Logistics wrote:

I enjoyed Operation Body Count for some reason. One of my all-time favorites that may fit into this category was Quarantine. It's like crazy taxi, but with blood, guts and trannys.

I enjoyed both when they came out, even though OBC was obviously not that good. A couple of years ago I fired it up again Dosbox and well, I must not have my rose-colored glasses any more.

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 10 of 13, by SpooferJahk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I can get it working, I enjoy the terribleness of Extreme Paintbrawl if anything because of the soundtrack. It just sounds like a colossal disaster and becomes a parade of terrible noise... and it is just awesome because of that.

Reply 11 of 13, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Reunion; great story, bad gameplay. Not only the game was very hard, but it also had a lot of bugs.
This did not stop me from finishing the game, by cheating.

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.
WIP: external midi module based on NEC wavetable (Yamaha clone)