Common searches

Computer Chronicles

Topic actions

First post, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've found all(?) 221 episodes of computer chronicles for download. I hope it's not against the rules to share a link. If it is, I'm truly sorry.

thepiratebay.se/torrent/7618208/The_Com ... _Episodes)

Reply 1 of 26, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Given that the episodes are freely available both on Youtube and on the Internet Archive (with Stewart Cheifet as contributor and active poster in the message board) I'm pretty sure it's OK to download.

Stewart Cheifet is doing a great job by making these episodes public. Would love if for instance Cybernet got available as well from the creators.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 26, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

the episodes are freely available both on Youtube and on the Internet Archive (with Stewart Cheifet as contributor and active poster in the message board)

Didn't know that - that's pretty damn cool of him.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 4 of 26, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's a little funny going back and seeing his 1999-2000 "you can download music for free legit" days with Napster, pretty much suggesting piracy on public broadcasting TV.

There's was this one time Thresh came on with a craptacular laptop that ran Q3 very slowly also, just before his pokemon master retirement days, which reminds me of that "tip" on The Screensavers "HERES A TIP FROM A GAMING PRO YOU CAN SHOOT THE DOORS TO OPEN THEM IN Q3A" some months later

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 26, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

Does anyone know if the very early issues of Byte from the 70's and 80's are archived anywhere? That was a golden age for that magazine.

A quick google search suggests that Internet Archive may have them: http://archive.org/details/byte-magazine

Reply 11 of 26, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is it the Roland drums I hear in the theme music during the 90s for Computer Chronicles (most noticable during the credits)?

Reply 12 of 26, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

These are the MP4 versions which are not the best versions of Computer Chronicles. In many episodes sound are not in sync and some episodes have been cut short of their running time.

I could download the MPEG2 versions and share that with my 60/60mbit unlimited fiber optic line as torrent? I'm currently seeding the MP4 files though.

Reply 16 of 26, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All episodes have been uploaded to the Internet Archive, in some cases with metadata added by Stewart Chiefet himself (he is listed as an archivist), which makes people think that it's legal to request full series torrents. However it seems that what's been uploaded has been licensed from the Computer Chronicles owners and not for redistribution.

Or something.

https://archive.org/details/computerchronicles

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 18 of 26, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well it's a shame that their method of distribution is so terrible.

I wasted hours and hours downloading the mp4 versions piecemeal (i have 423 episodes).. Then had to find out which episodes were in sync/missing audio/actually government videos about venereal disease (really!). Then trying to work out which episode was part of which season (tvdb helps here) due to their terrible naming schema. Doing it again for improved quality makes me despair really,

I do love the show however - essential viewing for anyone on this forum.