VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lololipop

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think id should make a Heretic/HeXen 3.. They did it with Doom and it was a great success and I prefered the Heretic series anyway. Why wouldn't id make it?

Genesis does what Nintendon't!

Reply 2 of 12, by Lololipop

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah I always found that Heretic was better. But one thing I loved from HeXen was the dark bishop chanting. I have no idea why it was just so memorabe.

Reply 3 of 12, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heretic - D'sparil
Hexen - Korax
Hexen 2 - Eidolon
Heretic 2 - Corvus returns home
Heretic/HeXen 3 - Forget everything and reboot the story?

With Doom that was okay. Even when you did have some blurb of story after a mission it wasn't that important. With Heretic/HeXen the story had a larger role. You also had Death Kings and Praevus to tell another story about that world in the aftermath of the Serpent Riders, which were a bit of a reach. I don't think there is any more story to tell and I rather not see it dismissed in order to produce a sequel in name only.

Plus, would you really want it made today?

Reply 4 of 12, by Lololipop

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I guess they could remake Heretic. Some games today are still pretty good. Bethesda still releases most of my favorite games. Skyrim, Doom 3, Fallout series. I think I remake of Heretic would work.

Reply 7 of 12, by SpooferJahk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would love to see new entries in both of those series myself. It would be pretty cool to have a new Hexen game that is more of an RPG than the other two were. A new Heretic would be awesome as well if it still is a fantasy action game like the previous two were.

Reply 8 of 12, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I remember playing Heretic for days as a kid. Really fun game. Some times id even trip out from going too close to textures and seeing letters/numbers in the pattern 😁

Didn't play Hexen, but I think Heretic should have new levels / or game redesign with todays technical quality.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 10 of 12, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't think it can happen without Brian Pelletier. He's the reason I believe who was responsible for the classic Raven styling of their 91-98 games. It wouldn't be Heretic or Hexen without them. Same for John Romero.

Also Hexen II was originally supposed to be Hecatomb. Here's a little bit of Romero's .plan about that, March 26 1998

Heretic II. Uh, thanks guys. […]
Show full quote

Heretic II. Uh, thanks guys.

Heretic, Hexen and Hecatomb would have been the artistically "right" way to preserve the scope and story of the Trilogy of the Serpent Riders. After i left, Hecatomb became Hexen II and series integrity went out the window.

<sigh>

The sentence that was originally here was rewritten about 10 times because i'm trying to be Politically Correct in stating my feelings for how the whole series lost its focus and instead is just using its established brandname to sell copies.

Also Hexen's popularity in the franchise may have to do with them having (crappy) console ports to the N64, Saturn and PSX. However I recall Hexen II heavily marketed as "OMG!!! FIRST 3D ACCELLERATED OPENGL GAME IN RETAIL!!!!!1"

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 11 of 12, by Lololipop

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, I guess your right. But it really sucks, video games have changed so much. Now most games these days is just garbage with good graphics...

Reply 12 of 12, by RaVeN-05

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/heretic-3 … signatures.html -> Heretc III ?
http://hexenmod.net/ -> HeXen Edge of Chaos (new game in development by funs)

https://www.youtube.com/user/whitemagicraven
https://go.twitch.tv/whitemagicraventv