Rude/strange Ebay sellers?

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 46, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Marko71 wrote:

I live in the UK and my nearest post office needs to be driven to thus thats part of the postage cost in my book as is the materials to send the item. it may only be a 20 gram CPU but in the years I've had selling items on eBay I would simply send anything in an envelope is a no no as its prone to damage. Boxes & bubble wrap arent free, neither is paper and ink for postage labels, it all has to be factored in.

According to Ebay rules you are not allowed to add additional costs beside packaging materials and any insurance fees to shipping costs. Handling "fees" should be included in the selling price, not shipping price. A CPU can be sent as a bubble wrapped letter envelope, not airmail package, so the price you list is wrong. Anyway, if the seller had just replied like a normal seller, I'm sure there could be a mutual understanding.

Anyway, I'll edit the first post in this thread, since some misses the point of this thread.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 41 of 46, by Marko71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vetz wrote:
Marko71 wrote:

I live in the UK and my nearest post office needs to be driven to thus thats part of the postage cost in my book as is the materials to send the item. it may only be a 20 gram CPU but in the years I've had selling items on eBay I would simply send anything in an envelope is a no no as its prone to damage. Boxes & bubble wrap arent free, neither is paper and ink for postage labels, it all has to be factored in.

According to Ebay rules you are not allowed to add additional costs beside packaging materials and any insurance fees to shipping costs. Handling "fees" should be included in the selling price, not shipping price. A CPU can be sent as a bubble wrapped letter envelope, not airmail package, so the price you list is wrong. Anyway, if the seller had just replied like a normal seller, I'm sure there could be a mutual understanding.

Anyway, I'll edit the first post in this thread, since some misses the point of this thread.

Whatever, way to spit your dummy out.

P.S. I didnt mention airmail was the only option I also qouted surface mail so I wasnt 'Wrong' with my postage consts.

Reply 42 of 46, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote:
Marko71 wrote:

Was there a point to this post? You're still paying the sellers shipping and "handling" fee whether it's included in the price or as part of the shipping charge. Either buy the item and pay the sellers fees or don't. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you buy it. What is going to end up happening is sellers will just throw the shipping and handling in together with the price and offer free shipping so you pay their prices and don't get the option of rating their shipping and handling policies because they automatically get 5 stars with free shipping regardless of how outrageous the selling price may be.

Reply 43 of 46, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay, this post is gonna be somewhat odd but it's truth and anyone selling or buying from a seller should have better understanding. Remember, without customers a business of anykind wouldn't exist so treat customers as a priceless item... unfortunately corporate conglomorates [even media conglomorates] seem to have forgotten that. 😒

Anyways, as a business minded kind of guy let me just say, a business goal is to NOT ONLY turn a profit but to also have the customer to not feel that they are paying shipping. "Free Shipping" is a HUGE thing when it comes to human mindsets. A seller should never let customers to feel "cheated" because of high prices.

Balance is key even if it's a small sacrifice on the sellers part, suck it up and move on. I know some are totally gonna disagree with that, but 100% profit is somewhat of a misnomer, it doesn't exist in absolutness and profit of anysort IS profit so sacrificing a few bucks shouldn't be a big deal on some items. For "junk dealers" a.k.a resellers some items they totally can turn the elusive 100% profit on if they find the right item(s) too sell and for retail sellers [brand new only items] finding a vendor with true wholesale pricing is key as is finding awesome deals on liquidated items, with true dropship wholesalers it's almost impossible to not have to take a profit sacrifice.

A handling fee is totally legit if a seller is packaging the item(s) themselves and shipping them, it's also a legitimate practice for sellers buying from true dropship wholesalers as well, that way the seller can turn more profit without the customer feeling cheated.

Unfortunately 99% of the ebay sellers and hell even some online only retailers tend to focus too much on equaling Wal*Mart prices and/or Amazon.com pricing and have NO idea how to run a business and end up ripping off customers, and providing piss poor customer service i.e. being jackasses and/or being rude to customers, etc. Customer service IS A MAJOR KEY when it comes to selling be it reselling, or retail selling. They need to face it as fact that they are too small to compete with the giants of the industry on pricing and need to just suck it up and focus only on THEIR BUSINESS by turning profits and running THEIR BUSINESS correctly and they will end up with repeat customers even if their prices are not as cheap as a corporate conglomorates.

That's all. 😜

Last edited by PhaytalError on 2013-10-18, 19:18. Edited 4 times in total.

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 44 of 46, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

had one US seller last week that replied to my shipping questions with these :

me:
Hello! is it possible to save on shipping if the PSU is not included? Best Regards, Leo
him:
PSU (power supply unit) is included?

me:
Yes, I can see that the psu is included.I am from Greece though and it's useless here (110v VS 220v) so I am asking if it's possible to save on shipping if the psu is not included. I have no use for it. (all that assuming I have the winning bid and you are posting this to me) Thanks.
him:
Sure, whatever

I did not bother responding or bid on the item he was selling, somehow I didn't want to anymore 😵

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 45 of 46, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

On a side node, I was outbid by another Vogons user last week. Funny thing, I was bidding on that very item as a secret gift for him, as he's been looking for this particular item for years. 🤣

Turns out he is now gifting me a copy. 😀

Reply 46 of 46, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kahenraz wrote:

On a side node, I was outbid by another Vogons user last week. Funny thing, I was bidding on that very item as a secret gift for him, as he's been looking for this particular item for years. 🤣

Turns out he is now gifting me a copy. 😀

busted! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website