Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 4120 of 5856, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Finished Max Payne 2. It was pretty short, like the first game, but action packed to the brim.

The only parts that I disliked were the trippy dream levels, but thankfully, they had no annoying platforming sequences this time around. Combat was definitively more fun than in the first game, thanks mostly to the improved slowdown mechanic. The enemies also seemed to fight more fairly too.

The story was a bit too convoluted for my tastes, and I didn't appreciate Max losing all of his gear due to plot reasons multiple times. But overall, it worked out ok. Pretty decent game overall.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 4121 of 5856, by creepingnet

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Get Lost! - It's like AMSR as a game for DOS with all the soothing music and sparse sound effects. Also works with WSS, so I play it on the Versa and put on soothing music.

~The Creeping Network~
My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/creepingnet
Creepingnet's World - https://creepingnet.neocities.org/
The Creeping Network Repo - https://www.geocities.ws/creepingnet2019/

Reply 4123 of 5856, by Sombrero

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gerry wrote on 2022-07-14, 10:52:

played red faction - fun and some nice features but looked and felt a bit more 1998/99 than 2001

back when the look and feel of games could change notably in 2 years!

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Red Faction.

One of the enemy death animations really busts my nuts though, the one where the enemy keeps standing for a second or two after "dying" before collapsing. I keep shooting them unnecessarily not knowing are they dead or not!

Reply 4124 of 5856, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Sombrero wrote on 2022-07-14, 13:24:

played red faction - fun and some nice features but looked and felt a bit more 1998/99 than 2001

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Red Faction.

One of the enemy death animations really busts my nuts though, the one where the enemy keeps standing for a second or two after "dying" before collapsing. I keep shooting them unnecessarily not knowing are they dead or not!

ah yes 😀 some of the dialog is funny too. the game definitely has some charm to it

Reply 4125 of 5856, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Red faction, I remember it as an good shooter and that it was cool that you could destroy walls.

Reply 4127 of 5856, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Red Faction: Guerilla is also very fun - you can basically destroy the whole open world.

I remember destroying the whole base in the area I started in and the quest giver was still standing in the middle of nothing handing me quests like nothing happened.

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 4128 of 5856, by creepingnet

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Watching Monty Python and taking my first run through Space Quest. Not doing to bad for not reading the manual and diving right in.

Attachments

• 20220720_212656.jpg
    Filename
    20220720_212656.jpg
    File size
    934.15 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

~The Creeping Network~
My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/creepingnet
Creepingnet's World - https://creepingnet.neocities.org/
The Creeping Network Repo - https://www.geocities.ws/creepingnet2019/

Reply 4129 of 5856, by Dolenc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Heretic II

Game really gave me a hard time with all the lockups and crashing. Had to disable a3d, limit to 83fps and not use the usual oc on the card, now it seems it will let me play 😀
(oh compression, did I really get so lucky to deserve max 7 colors)

glide0002.png
Filename
glide0002.png
File size
338.15 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
glide0025.png
Filename
glide0025.png
File size
362 KiB
Views
File license
glide0019.png
Filename
glide0019.png
File size
407.18 KiB
Views
File license
glide0017.png
Filename
glide0017.png
File size
1.93 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 4130 of 5856, by NovaCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Still mainly playing Final Fantasy XIV. I'm a little bit into Stormblood, taking a break to level some gatherer classes. It's kinda nice as a time-waster: I can just have the TV on in the background, run between nodes, and vibe.

It is very frustrating, however, to have bought the game at full price and then see it go on sale less than a week later. But these things happen, I guess.

[Insert late-aughts overly-elaborate animated signature banner here]

Reply 4131 of 5856, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NovaCN wrote on 2022-07-22, 14:04:

Still mainly playing Final Fantasy XIV. I'm a little bit into Stormblood, taking a break to level some gatherer classes. It's kinda nice as a time-waster: I can just have the TV on in the background, run between nodes, and vibe.

It is very frustrating, however, to have bought the game at full price and then see it go on sale less than a week later. But these things happen, I guess.

If you bought it via square,

You could contact support about it, they may be able to refund the difference, I know last time something similar happened to me support helped me out even though it wasn’t able to be a refund.

Doesn’t hurt to ask them.

Reply 4132 of 5856, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just completed the Annihilation Line DLC for Terminator: Resistance. Took me 11 hours. The main campaign took 25 hours. It was a really good game, one of my favorite FPS experiences ever! Highly recommended. Thanks @liqmat for gifting me this game...you were absolutely right about this hidden gem, my friend.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4133 of 5856, by NovaCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-07-22, 16:20:
If you bought it via square, […]
Show full quote

You could contact support about it, they may be able to refund the difference, I know last time something similar happened to me support helped me out even though it wasn’t able to be a refund.

Went through the FF14 site itself, not Square's online store.

[Insert late-aughts overly-elaborate animated signature banner here]

Reply 4134 of 5856, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NovaCN wrote on 2022-07-23, 13:00:
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-07-22, 16:20:
If you bought it via square, […]
Show full quote

Went through the FF14 site itself, not Square's online store.

Even better, drop them a message and see if they can help out.

Reply 4135 of 5856, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm playing Star Wars Dark Forces 2. Never completed it before, and this is the GOG version on Windows 7. It works fine with 3D acceleration.

You can hear the bar music already can't you.

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 4136 of 5856, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Almoststew1990 wrote on 2022-07-24, 06:00:

I'm playing Star Wars Dark Forces 2. Never completed it before, and this is the GOG version on Windows 7. It works fine with 3D acceleration.

Dudu dudu dududu dududu-dudududu.

Reply 4137 of 5856, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Almoststew1990 wrote on 2022-07-24, 06:00:

On my playlist! Same boat as you, I had it and played it when it was current, but never finished it. Enjoy, looking forward to hearing your feedback on it.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4138 of 5856, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
clueless1 wrote on 2022-07-23, 11:59:

I just completed the Annihilation Line DLC for Terminator: Resistance. Took me 11 hours. The main campaign took 25 hours. It was a really good game, one of my favorite FPS experiences ever! Highly recommended. Thanks @liqmat for gifting me this game...you were absolutely right about this hidden gem, my friend.

Glad you loved it like I did. Now the wait for Robocop. Ha! Really looking forward to that one. You better upgrade that gfx card before that comes out sir.

Reply 4139 of 5856, by Nyerguds2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been madly addicted to Dangerous Dave since I bought John Romero's collection box of it a few months ago.

Finally managed to record a full playthrough including all special areas, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U1Mg98gMX8

Expert on all things Command & Conquer 1 related, creator of the C&C95 v1.06 patch, contributor and tester on the official C&C Remastered project.
(Ignore the '2' in the name 😩)