Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 6012, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've started playing Dark Forces again. I never beat it but now that I have my CT2800 sound card installed the music sound AMAZING.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 241 of 6012, by Liqu1d82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ultima VII: The Black Gate (on Exult 1.4.9 - Italian Lang.)

sig.gif
Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.
http://liqu1d82.tumblr.com [My Tumblr] // https://twitter.com/Liqu1d82 [My Twitter]

Reply 242 of 6012, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Started playing Rome Total War again a couple days ago..war on all fronts! Man, does that ai hate you 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 244 of 6012, by squareguy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

While awaiting getting my new retro computer ready I am playing Quake 1 at 320x240 (no 3D acceleration) with the original CD in for the ambient music. Ahh takes me back a few years.

Also playing Command & Conquer: Red Alert

both in MS-DOS 6.22

Gateway 2000 Case and 200-Watt PSU
Intel SE440BX-2 Motherboard
Intel Pentium III 450 CPU
Micron 384MB SDRAM (3x128)
Compaq Voodoo3 3500 TV Graphics Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
Western Digital 7200-RPM, 8MB-Cache, 160GB Hard Drive
Windows 98 SE

Reply 245 of 6012, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wasteland 2
I have just purchased Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and punishments too.
Legend of Grimrock 2 (hopefully in 5 days).

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 249 of 6012, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmojo wrote:
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

Wasteland 2

Any good?

I think it's pretty great. There are a few areas which get excessively large and repetitive, like the Rail Yard city. That one is a pain in the ass to trudge around.

Also it performs the cardinal sin of having every single enemy take a free move at the start of combat. The recent X-Com remake did the same thing, and it was very stupid. It does seem necessary for balance though, since otherwise the combat is fairly easy.

Reply 251 of 6012, by dank0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

King Quest V

AMD K6-II 500, Nvidia TNT2 AGP, 256 MB RAM

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•• WANTED: ROLAND SCP-55 ••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Reply 252 of 6012, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AidanExamineer wrote:
badmojo wrote:
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

Wasteland 2

Any good?

I think it's pretty great. There are a few areas which get excessively large and repetitive, like the Rail Yard city. That one is a pain in the ass to trudge around.

Also it performs the cardinal sin of having every single enemy take a free move at the start of combat. The recent X-Com remake did the same thing, and it was very stupid. It does seem necessary for balance though, since otherwise the combat is fairly easy.

Agreed. Some areas are a bitch to navigate but overall the game is quite good and solid. And now patch 2 is out with even more enhancements/fixes.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 253 of 6012, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have also in queue:

- Legend of Grimrock 2 (October 15th)
- Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
- Paper Sorcerer
- Jagged Alliance Flashback (almost out)
- Project eternity (2015)
- Planescape: ToN (2015)

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 254 of 6012, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I’m playing Trials Evolution (via Steam) over here, which I bought because the first one was so much fun. I was unimpressed to discover that it uses uPlay, which I was forced to use for FarCry 3 and so had an account, but which still caused me some rage inducing headaches before allowing me to play.

Anyhoo, it’s a blast to play. I don’t play modern games much these days so the graphics seem all the more amazing. The gameplay is dead easy, with constant positive reinforcement to keep the good endorphins flowing. It’s kinda like sitting down and eating a packet of iced vovo’s – you know you shouldn’t keep shoving them into your mouth but you just can’t seem to help yourself.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 255 of 6012, by mrferg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On my "modern" system I'm playing Serious Sam 3 BFE. It's quite fun, but so far all the levels look the same. I miss the variety of levels from the first two encounters.

On my 440bx system I'm playing SimTower. I really should not have started playing again, much time was wasted playing it back in the 90s.

PacBell 386sx
Gateway 2k P75
HP Pav 7360 MMX200
SE440BX-2, P2 450
3 Modernish Dell Precisions

Reply 257 of 6012, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Final Fantasy IX on psx emulator. 😀

Core i7-13700 | 32G DDR4 | Biostar B760M | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 32" AOC 75Hz IPS + 17" DEC CRT 1024x768 @ 85Hz
Win11 + Virtualization => Emudeck @consoles | pcem @DOS~Win95 | Virtualbox @Win98SE & softGPU | VMware @2K&XP | ΕΧΟDΟS

Reply 258 of 6012, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm last but one mission away from the end of Quake 2. I've been trying to play through it for about 8 years or so. The mission "the Mine" confused the hell out of me, and for one or two attempts with a few months inbetween I finally got through it and am almost done.

I've still got to complete The Reckoning, and if i'm honest I still have to complete Quake 1. My problem is I go for months between plays and I get confused over what to do etc, and I end up quitting again, unless I have enough time to stick with it to progress.

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 259 of 6012, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

playlist for the next few weeks, maybe months:

* Shadows of Mordor
* Borderlands The Pre Sequel
* Gabriel Knight Anniversary

There are more, but these titles are taking the majority of my time ATM.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube