What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 620 of 5944, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GoblinUpTheRoad wrote:

It's one of those games I've casually played many times but have never tried to focus on playing through the whole thing. The first two levels were fine but the third took me quite a few attempts to get through, I've just started the forth and final level now and I bet it's going to be really tough to finish.

Nice. I find these older games just too hard for me 😀

I think I beat the first level, but it then quickly becomes more difficult.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 621 of 5944, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Nice. I find these older games just too hard for me 😀

I think I beat the first level, but it then quickly becomes more difficult.

Yeah, I never knew there were bosses in this game until now 😊

In the PC version there is no saving of games either, there is a password given after each boss which takes the better part of an hour to get through. Twice on level 3 I made it to the boss with only the smallest slither of health left and no extra lives, died, and had to do it all again.

Reply 622 of 5944, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A little over 6 hrs into System Shock 2. Pretty amazing game. I'm not sure why, but I did get this game when it came out but never got close to finishing it. Considering Shock 1 is one of my all-time favorites, I'm not sure what happened. I can't remember, maybe I got stuck and didn't have a walkthru, or too distracted by other games I bought at the same time...

Enjoying the 3D positional audio as produced by my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz' Sensaura. 😁

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 623 of 5944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
clueless1 wrote:

A little over 6 hrs into System Shock 2. Pretty amazing game. I'm not sure why, but I did get this game when it came out but never got close to finishing it. Considering Shock 1 is one of my all-time favorites, I'm not sure what happened. I can't remember, maybe I got stuck and didn't have a walkthru, or too distracted by other games I bought at the same time...

Enjoying the 3D positional audio as produced by my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz' Sensaura. 😁

The last time I got serious about a play through I was maybe halfway through and all the bad guys became invincible, and loading a saved game didn't help! That was the end of that - excellent game though until that point.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 624 of 5944, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also I don`t finished System Shock 2, but I was near end somewhere at another world with crushed ship. Now I playing Terraria and I love that game, but I reached Hardmode and is hard for me to get some good weapon, and is very hard to fight with one with mechanical bosses, I tried few times with Destroyer and it defeated me, I have even some better armor from new ores, I also survived pirate invasion but I died much times there, Terraria is sometimes very hard on Hardmode enabled worlds.

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 625 of 5944, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Finished Rebel Galaxy, really enjoyed that one. Reminded me of Elite and Privateer 😀

PS+ added Journey, wow what a lovely game, it's more an experience really, but loved it. Got to say at the moment I'm loving my consoles. They just work, my computer lab gives me enough issues 🤣

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 626 of 5944, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Finished Rebel Galaxy, really enjoyed that one. Reminded me of Elite and Privateer 😀

PS+ added Journey, wow what a lovely game, it's more an experience really, but loved it. Got to say at the moment I'm loving my consoles. They just work, my computer lab gives me enough issues 🤣

Computers also can work without any issues and in computer when DVD/BD-ROM die or something other you can change it, in console you must send it to repair and pay very much or buy another entire console 😀 I remember when I tried PS2 with NFS:U2 and on PC, on PC that game look far better and ran better, and after that I want more PC than any console to playing games, and some best games like Baldurs Gate 1/2, or even Diablo II or some RTS good games was relased only on PC.

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 627 of 5944, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've only got retro consoles--Wii, Dreamcast, NES and Atari 2600, but I can't seem to get into any games other than trying them out once or twice. I've got most of the classics. I always go back to PC games 😀

Reply 628 of 5944, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
clueless1 wrote:

I've only got retro consoles--Wii, Dreamcast, NES and Atari 2600, but I can't seem to get into any games other than trying them out once or twice. I've got most of the classics. I always go back to PC games 😀

And on PC you can make often backup of savegames which can be trouble on console, and no one want to lose progress in any game, for example losing save in Terraria or Diablo II/Titan Quest can be huge pain, so because of that playing games on PC is better. I play more RPG/RTS games so also for them PC is better and is more that games on that platform.

My Youtube channel

Reply 629 of 5944, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tiger433 wrote:
clueless1 wrote:

I play more RPG/RTS games so also for them PC is better and is more that games on that platform.

Me too. Most RPGs and some FPS (Doom, Descents, Quakes, Duke3D, Far Cry, RTCW, F.E.A.R.

After SS2, the next game I plan on playing is Albion (DOS). Somehow I never heard of this game back in the day, but when I watch Let's Plays or read reviews, it seems like an amazing game. One that flew under my radar in 1996.

Reply 630 of 5944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I’ve been watching ‘Narcos’ lately and it’s put me in the mood for an old fave ‘Boiling Point – Road to Hell’, which – according to this very thread – I haven’t played for 3 years and 1 month to the day. Time flies.

I made my last attempt on my P4 / 8800GTX setup, and despite that machine exceeding the minimum specs by a country mile it’s still noticeably sluggish in populated areas. At the time I also tried running this game on my i7 based machine but a couple of incompatibilities with Windows 7 made it unworkable; I’ve since upgraded to Windows 10 however so thought it was worth another shot. I didn’t expect it to install, let alone run, but to my amazement it installed OK and accepted the official patch and my collection of fan-made mods without incident. And I was more amazed to find that it runs perfectly! 1920x1080x32 appeared in the video config – I was expecting to have edit the relevant .ini manually – and the 11 year old textures all scale to that resolution very nicely. The UI is clearly designed with a 17” CRT in mind so the HUD / UI is on the small side, but it all works, and the game world looks ridiculously good for such an old game. Frame rates are also consistently astronomical so it’s as smooth as it gets.

Thanks Windows 10!

Reply 631 of 5944, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So close I can taste the ending on System Shock 2. About 20 hrs into the game now, on the Rickenbacker. Just found Diego's body.

edit: in The Body of the Many now. This place gives me the creeps. I have to take frequent breaks which is slowing my progress. 🤣.

Reply 632 of 5944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I’ve recently picked up my saved game in Fallout New Vegas after a few months off. I was about 40 hours in and lost interest because the quests that took me out into the waste were drying up, and I wasn’t finding the New Vegas strip to be as compelling. The open wasteland really works for me in this game – more so than FO3 or 4. The atmosphere / characters / nature of the quests really draw me in, and to keep the good vibrations going between play sessions I’m re-reading Philip K Dick's 'Dr Bloodmoney' for the millionth time.

To improve the the lack of quests situation, I upgraded my install of the game (Steam) to the Ultimate Edition, which of course includes all of the DLC. Pro tip – buying the ultimate edition is much cheaper than getting all of the DLC separately, and Steam will work out that you have the base game and just add the DLC to it, despite the warning that you already own the game. I did start to experience the odd crash after the DLC was added though I must admit, so I looked into the 4GB memory limit plugin and unofficial patch. Starting down that path is a slippery slope for me - in the past I’ve gotten stuck in a loop of installing a whole lot of mods, playing the game for 5 minutes and then wondering “hmm I wonder if there’s a mod for X”, and I before I knew it I’d created a monstrously buggy mess and lost interest in playing altogether. I was determined not to do that with FO:NV so strictly limited myself to stability mods and a few visual improvements - nothing that impacts the game-play. I went with 3 texture replacements and ‘Fellout’ to perk the lighting up a bit, but have resisted the siren song of the countless ENB profiles / overhaul mods that add DOF, fancy weather effects, etc. It's looking great and I haven't had a single crash since.

Before:

ScreenShot1_zps2fk05utm.jpg

After:

ScreenShot15_zpsarpqd8ti.jpg

Reply 633 of 5944, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

About halfway into Ultima Underworld 2. I'm on the weirdest level right now--Talorus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asBQ2PKI8Yw&l … YDpMKK&index=29

Reply 635 of 5944, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice. Looks like Moonbeam City.

Resumed playing Fallout 4. Currently at 139 hours.
Also playing Shadow Warrior 2.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 636 of 5944, by Arctic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Nice. Looks like Moonbeam City.

Resumed playing Fallout 4. Currently at 139 hours.
Also playing Shadow Warrior 2.

I already like this game 😁

Too bad I broke it after 4 laps already:

brokentwzk95.jpg

broken2uwr3c.png

Lots of details! Great music!

Reply 638 of 5944, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Played some of the first level briefly last night so haven't had a chance to get a full impression. Seems like Shadow Warrior so far.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 639 of 5944, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Screenshot_2016-10-17-23-00-51.png
Filename
Screenshot_2016-10-17-23-00-51.png
File size
1.01 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

A train simulator game on my RCA Maven. I'm never really into mobile gadgets, and I just bought the tablet for comic book reading, but then I tried some Android games, and they're quite fun.

So, anyway, anyone tried Heroes of Might & Magic III HD for Android? Is the savegame files interchangeable with the old PC version of HOMM III? It could be nice to play HOMM on Android during travel, then continuing on PC at home, and vice versa, but it won't be possible if the savegame files aren't interchangeable between the two versions.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.