What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 5973, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:

Been playing the first Witcher for a while now. Not without its flaws, but great game so far!

Yeah I loved the first one, although the running back and forth got me down after a while. Great atmosphere though and some memorable quests. I was really disappointed with the second one though, so I'll be interested to see what they can do with the third "open world" installment.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 62 of 5973, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I finished Half-life the other night and it’s easy to see why this game is so well loved. The level design is a thing of beauty – so many memorable set pieces! I wouldn’t say that it was a difficult game but there was some challenge. I don’t usually enjoy jumping puzzles in a FPS but I did in this game for the most part. The weapons are fun, the gun-play exciting and generally speaking everything the devs tried was successful. I was interested to see the beginnings of ideas that Valve developed in HL2, Portal, etc. It truly is jam packed with ideas and must have been mind blowing on release. I didn’t enjoy the final couple of alien “XEN” levels as much I must admit, I thought it deserved a better ending.

Next up for me is another Sierra title, ‘Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards’. This game was legendary at my primary school in the late 80’s which is saying something - we’re talking a hillbilly backwater school with 30 students here. I don’t think I ever actually got to play it as a kid – we only had an Australian made Microbee which wasn’t IBM compatible - but I do remember catching the odd glimpse of it at other kid’s houses. That would have been the original ’87 CGA version, but I’ll be playing the ’91 VGA remake from this collection I picked up a while back:

IMG_4803_zps9e9f2e18.jpg

IMG_4806_zpsa9c7c504.jpg

I’m playing it on a 486SX33 with a Sound Blaster Pro 2.0 + MT-32 for sound / music. It amazes me how big a difference this sound setup makes to the quality of the experience – the amazing part being that Sierra went to so much trouble, when on release hardly anyone would have had the hardware to enjoy it:

IMG_4808_zps38436f17.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 63 of 5973, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Beautiful! I think it was 2 days ago that I installed the GOG.com version of the Larry games on my 32GB CF card 😀

What games do I play at the moment? NONE. I'm stuck in my man cave catching up on projects and cutting videos. Maybe ONE DAY I will get to actually sit down and play a game...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 68 of 5973, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm currently playing Counter-Strike GO, L.A. Noire (on hold), League of Legends and just finished installing PlanetSide 2. I also played some War Thunder but it didn't quite get my attention. Aces over Europe was a better game than this although the graphics are very nice 😁

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 69 of 5973, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Jane's Fighters Anthology on an old AMD Turion laptop, with CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals. 😀

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 71 of 5973, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Marathon:Resurrection for Unreal Tournament.

It's odd playing it because even though it IS marathon 1's campaign, alot of stuff had to be changed since Unreal had not alot of the odd features the marathon engine used. Also it uses Marathon Infinity's weapon design rather than the odd design Marathon 1 had.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 72 of 5973, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nobody said the thread was about only playing old games, so DayZ SA has been played on my computer since it came out. The game is really lame and really exciting at the same time. Lame because you know there is nothing to do beyond a certain point (which you can get to in 5 minutes theoretically) but also really exciting because of the survival aspect (and I dont mean food and water) and exploration (still haven't been to about 2/3 of the map locations)

Reply 73 of 5973, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lately I played

Half Life
Half Life: Opposing Force
Half Life: Blue Shift
Half Life: Source
various Half Life mods
Half Life 2
Ultimate Doom
Quake

Currently Playing...

Borderlands 2
Black Mesa
Half Life 2 Episode 1 (and Episode 2 is next)
Shadow Warrior (new one)

Thinking about playing...

Mortyr 2093-1944
Gunman Chronicles
Half Life Decay (PC Mod version)
Project IGI
Serious Sam 3
Hard Reset

Reply 74 of 5973, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

I'm currently playing XCOM and XCOM2 at Superhuman difficulty, and all I can say is this: Man, this is really hard 😮 !

The Sectoids and Aquatoids are seriously deadly, and if I'm not careful with my moves they'll wipe me out easily; on top of that, my finances are in shambles - if something really good doesn't happen in XCOM2 soon, I'll probably lose the game and will have to start over again 😵 .

Guess it's time to read some strategy guides.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 76 of 5973, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
STX wrote:

Recently finished Lego Island and began Lego Island 2.

And you can change flowers!

Started playing Expendable since I can't get Incoming to work still... no thanks to AMD's incompetent driver programmers.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 77 of 5973, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Jane's Fighters Anthology on an old AMD Turion laptop, with CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals. 😀

Usb versions im guessing?? If youre using gameport versions, how did you connect to your laptop?

Reply 78 of 5973, by valencio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I need help I cant remember some games I used to play a lot when I was a kid, they all ran on a 486 120 Mhz with 16 MB RAM I cant remember their names since I lost the CD with them.

-One was a racing game where you could race with all kinds of crazy vehicles, hovecrafts, boats, lunar buggys in the moon and the graphics were blocky, I would say game from 1993 to 1996.
- One was an point and click adventure game with a purple alien that looked like a sausage and crashed his ufo into a pig farm, then I just remember that the game has a part where you fight inside a human mouth with tongues? And a part where an elephant gets sick from sucking plastic balls in a kids park or something the game was hilarious!.
- One was a version of bomberman for windows 95 that supported multiplayer and had all kinds of crazy sounds, I remember you could kick bombs and throw them to blow up your opponents.
- The last one is a game that was remade and is called Tasty Static and I really like to play it even if its hard, but I remembered that there was an original version back in the 90´s with the same mechanics, you have to jump a ship trough various platforms in 3D, I cant remember the name of the game.

Some of the old games I really like and not many people know about them:

Strike Base: game looks like terminal velocity but with even better music altough it is very hard and you can control vehicles
Tempest 2000 (arcade game with great music altough gameplay gets boring after some time)
Z - The only old RTS game I played that is not a ripoff of C&C and actually innovates in the genre.
Terra Nova Strike force - Made by the same creators of system shock do I need to say more?
Archymedian Dynasty - game with good storyline where you drive an underwater vehicle, similar to AquaNox but better story

Marathon 2 + Rubicon X (I really dont understand why bungie didnt use the storyline for halo series instead of the crap one they created where the enemies talk like 5 year old children, the enemies in this game and the evil AI´s that help you are so much more badass and sarcastic than cortana, it is one of the reasons I hate xbox and halo)

Enemy Zero: horror sci fi game where the enemies are invisible and the only way you can know where they are is by sound, unfortunately it is one of those games loaded with FMV movies but the concept behind it is really good, I am sad that no game tried to implement such mechanics into an horror game because It would be so good specially with DirectSound3D + CMSS from X-Fi. I even tried to recreate the game for my final project in graphics programming with JOGL the invisible enemies were a good excuse to not have to draw them! But I lack the programming skills to turn it into an enjoyable game and to make it work with directsound.

-One Must Fall 2097 (I have yet to play a better fighter that this one, not even soul calibur beats it, it is really hard and requires so much skill, and other games lack the torunament mode of this one)

Righ now Im playing Shenmue since I never played it before, but the game takes so much time to complete and I dont have the free time for it.. Wish I had a dreamcast when I was a kid, but that console failed miserably in sales in europe...

UMC 486 DX4 120 Mhz|16 MB RAM|S3 Virge 2 MB|Opti 82C931
Cyrix 6x86 150 Mhz|80 MB RAM|ATI Rage II 4 MB|Yamaha YMF744 PCI
Celeron 366@ 550 Mhz|256 MB RAM|3dfx Voodoo 2000|SB Live!
Pentium 4 2.4@ 3.4 Ghz|GF 6800 Ultra AGP 256 MB|2 GB DDR400|SB X-Fi|ABIT IC7G

Reply 79 of 5973, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
valencio wrote:

- One was an point and click adventure game with a purple alien that looked like a sausage and crashed his ufo into a pig farm, then I just remember that the game has a part where you fight inside a human mouth with tongues? And a part where an elephant gets sick from sucking plastic balls in a kids park or something the game was hilarious!.

That would be SpaceKids.

valencio wrote:

- One was a version of bomberman for windows 95 that supported multiplayer and had all kinds of crazy sounds, I remember you could kick bombs and throw them to blow up your opponents.

Atomic Bomberman maybe? I think that was multiplayer (over IPX or TCP)