Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 5979, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Was going to play some Quake 1 but then I noticed fvf.servequake.com has ceased to exist.

Now I'm playing Unreal 1, trying hard not to procrastinate on my WIP mods.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 102 of 5979, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been playing Startopia since it was released on Steam. don't know how I missed this back when it was new, its quite an awesome game, and does have a few tongue-in-cheek moments that remind me of Theme Park/Hospital.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 103 of 5979, by Tiremaster400

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Been playing a lot of DOOM and DOOM 2 and DOOM 2 WADS on a Pentium 100 with ct2230 and SC-55 MK1 and the music is mind blowing. Also playing DOOM 2 on one of my Pentium 60mhz computers with Pci Premier motherboard and Jazz 16 sound card. Using Novert Utility on both computers with mouse, pure DOS machines.

Been playing alot of Quake Rally again switching between GLQuake and software on QRally and testing how Quake 1 behaves on Celerons with Win98 namely a Coppermine 1.1ghz with 1 Voodoo 2 and a Tualatin 1.3ghz with a Geforce3. Quake 1 is runs perfect on both Celerons whereas a Pentium 2 300mhz is too fast for Quake 1 and an AMD K6 300 is also too fast for Quake 1. I am thinking it is the lower L2 cache of the Celerons (128k and 256k) compared to the 512k of the Pentium 2-the Pentium 2 is @ 66mhz FSB where as the Celerons are at 100mhz FSB.

Been also playing Unreal on 3 different computers comparing each one: Pentium 3 600mhz Voodoo 2 SLI; Pentium 3 1000mhz Voodoo Banshee after patching Unreal; Coppermine Celeron 1.1ghz 1 Voodoo 2. All the Voodoos are 12mb.

Reply 104 of 5979, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Definitely agree that the DOOM music sounds awesome on a Sound Canvas. Sounds good on Yamaha too - one of the (few?) games that sounds as good on Yamaha as Roland.

Have you tried Brutal DOOM? I'm playing it at work on my lunch breaks and it does rock.

Reply 107 of 5979, by Tiremaster400

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, I have played Brutal DOOM and it adds a whole new layer of game play. It is hard, as if the monsters of DOOM aren't hateful enough. I love the gore and massive gibbage it adds also, can never have too much violence.

PeterLI wrote:

Doom gives me nightmares. It is a great game but it gets to me after a while.

You are not alone. I am 33 years old and have been playing DOOM for over 19 years and I still get scared sometimes.
DOOM has the most hateful monsters I have encountered in any game. They literally kill each other just to get to you to kill you. I still get a feeling of dread when I hear the Cyberdemon, the most hateful and fastest mob in DOOM, wake up from across a level.

I have improved alot in the last year. I have been playing slaughter maps. I still don't have a computer with enough strength to run Holyhell.wad on level 5 Ultraviolence on ZDOOM or GZDOOM.

Reply 108 of 5979, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lately I've occasionally been playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS XL I bought a while ago. It's a pretty good game, and I like how they've fixed a lot of the annoyances I had with some of the other Zeldas.

Reply 109 of 5979, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Half-Saint wrote:

How's your goal of "Aiming to complete 10 games in 2014!" going so far?

Not bad thanks. About 75% through Dark Forces now, really enjoying it. Probably play a slower paced game next, maybe a point and click adventure.

Reply 110 of 5979, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Doing a re-run of Skyrim on my PC using the Xbox360 Controller and Kraken 7.1 Headset. More immersion now. 🤣

Playing a Wood Elf who's both a Thief and a Dark Brotherhood member (Assassin to be exact). Leader actually, since I played the Dark Brotherhood quests first. Just started doing the main quests, at level 25.

On Dosbox, I'm re-playing Police Quest II.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 111 of 5979, by Tiremaster400

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Police Quest II is the reason I bought an MT-32....I need to play through all of the Police Quests but have been too busy building and testing systems and working out faults and fighting with bad motherboards......So many games......

Reply 114 of 5979, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm on the last stretch of Gunmetal having got the retail game finally...

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 116 of 5979, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm really not playing anything right now, I bought Outcast on a sale a while back and have been meaning to play it but haven't gotten round to it yet.
Between Steam and GOG and Humble Bundle I have so many dang games I will probably never get through them all. Even if I played one a month it would take me several years to get through them all. There are a bunch that I bought, especially on GOG that I bought that I had at one point and finished and bought for nostalgia reasons, but probably just as many that I haven't played that it will be a while before I get around to them.
I guess I'm done buying games for a while. It is hard to resist when you can get a AAA title for $5 or several for $10-$15.

Reply 117 of 5979, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I got to the final boss fight in DOOM 3 and couldn't be bothered with it, I never can with boss fights. But the game up until that point was great - the oppressive darkness and claustrophobia got old after a while, and the level design had nothing on the original DOOMs, but it was definitely worth a play through.

Next up for me is Prince of Persia. I'm reading Jordan Mechner's journals at the moment so I was inspired to revisit this old favorite. I'm playing the IBM version on a 386 with a Sound Blaster 16. I remember this to be a difficult, frustrating game, so I have no expectation of finishing it. I'll just do the best I can in my allotted 60 mins and enjoy myself. I have the manual this time around so that will help - I didn't know you could take a small step, that'll come in handy!

IMG_5143_zps8268ce58.jpg

IMG_5146_zpse31614af.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 119 of 5979, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just started playing The Legend of Kyrandia again. After I complete 1,2 & 3 I'm gonna give Discworld a whirl. That or the Quest for Glory series. Ahhh memories 😀