VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello friends. I'm trying to evaluate some stuff I guy is trying to sell me, so your help is really aprecciated:

Ok, first the graphic cards:

SiS 6202
SiS 6215
Ati 3D Rage II +DVD
Matrox (unknown model) (2 of them)
S3 Trio 64
S3 Trio 64 V2/DX (2 of them)
Cirrus Logic GD-5430
S3 Virge DX(2 of them)

Total 50 euros including shipping. Would you considered this to be a fair price?

Also all of these ISA creative sound cards at 5 euros each. Is any of them worth it?

ct8903
ct2959
ct3600
ct4170
ct8903

Reply 2 of 8, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JaNoZ wrote:

50 euros with the soundcards included sounds reasonable to me, depending on how much shipping is.
maybe still a little on the high side.

Sound cards are not included. Only Graphic cards.
It is 50 euros but shipping is included.
If I wanted any sound card, they would be 5 euros each.

Reply 3 of 8, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It doesn't look as if there is anything especially rare or valuable in that lot. Even the Soundblasters are all pretty common part numbers.

So you've got 11 video cards for 50 Euros shipped and the sound cards for 5 Euros each. That's about 5.88 USD each for the video cards and 6.47 USD each for the sound cards at current exchange rates so that sounds like it's probably not a bad deal assuming that everything works. You can always pick and choose the ones you want to keep and resell the rest to keep your total investment low and might even manage to make a small profit at those prices.

Reply 4 of 8, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

It doesn't look as if there is anything especially rare or valuable in that lot. Even the Soundblasters are all pretty common part numbers.

So you've got 11 video cards for 50 Euros shipped and the sound cards for 5 Euros each. That's about 5.88 USD each for the video cards and 6.47 USD each for the sound cards at current exchange rates so that sounds like it's probably not a bad deal assuming that everything works. You can always pick and choose the ones you want to keep and resell the rest to keep your total investment low and might even manage to make a small profit at those prices.

Exactly, assuming that they all work. Mi intention is to resell them on ebay. Assuming I could get 10 euros for each it would be a good deal. But, that is maybe assuming too much. Specially because as you said, there's nothing particularly rare in that lot.

Reply 5 of 8, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Pingaloka wrote:
sliderider wrote:

Exactly, assuming that they all work. Mi intention is to resell them on ebay. Assuming I could get 10 euros for each it would be a good deal. But, that is maybe assuming too much. Specially because as you said, there's nothing particularly rare in that lot.

Something else to consider since these are not especially rare parts is how long has the seller been trying to move them? I've seen sellers on ebay simply give up on trying to sell certain items and bundling them together in one lot for a low price just to be rid of them because they aren't moving. One seller in particular that I remember had 50(!) GeForce 2MX 200 cards for sale as lots for $50 plus shipping because he wasn't able to sell them individually for $5 each. ebay was flooded with them at the time because they were a common as dirt OEM card and a lot of other large scale recyclers had gotten in hundreds or thousands of systems that had them installed which basically made them worthless. Even today a GeForce 2MX 200 isn't worth very much, which probably makes them a good card for a retro system on a tight budget.

Reply 6 of 8, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Pingaloka wrote:

I think you'd be mad to buy that lot, nothing interesting and those cards were the bog standard cheap stuff found in pentium systems around the late 90s.

Reply 7 of 8, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dirkmirk wrote:
Pingaloka wrote:

I think you'd be mad to buy that lot, nothing interesting and those cards were the bog standard cheap stuff found in pentium systems around the late 90s.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I was hoping I could resell them on ebay. But not worth the effort for 50euros.

Reply 8 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I agree. Not worth the 50 euros.

P.S. Can't help a chuckle looking at the smiley that appeared in the Virge "DX" in the op above. (The unintended smiley inclusion phenomena. 😁)

EDIT : Then again, if you look at the graphics cards list again, if he's selling each at about 5 bucks, then it comes to about 40 euros. I think 5 euro is not unreasonable to sell these types of graphics card, even if it's just a so-so card. In terms of DOS compatibility and Windows 3.x support at the same time, only the Virge cards grab my attention. I don't have any experience with the listed ATI or SiS cards though. It might be better to ask him to include all the listed soundcards in that 50 euros for the best bargain.

Only problem is that, what can be done with the sudden influx of all these cards. Most of them will be gathering dust and the resell value will not be profitable for these.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers