VOGONS

Common searches

Just an important heads up

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 280 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qbix wrote:

As far as I know the shadow topic will stop recieving the new posts after the move, so it should drop fairly quickly from the list

Correct. It allows posters from the thread find it. And since it is not a real tread, but a redirect instead, it will no longer keep being flagged as having new posts, it will no longer be bumped with new posts and will not listed in search results.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 284 of 325, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ermmm...should we have the "created on" date beside the OP's name of the topics overview pages?

There are quite a number of "resurrections" and I keep forgetting that it's an old topic, until I see myself already posted somewhere there, and ONLY then I see the dates of the posts! 🤣

But seriously, would the "Created on" date be helpful?

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 288 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nikiniki wrote:

Do you mean this topic is created at May 31st 2013 unstead 2013-5-31 ?

I think he means when viewing the topic list for a forum section, it should show the date of the first post in addition to the date of the most recent post.

Reply 289 of 325, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nothing wrong with posting to an old topic if it's actually relevant. These are old game we're talking about after all.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with resurrecting old topics, and I don't think anyone was implying that there was. It's just that it can sometimes be helpful to know at a glance that it is an old topic.

Reply 290 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think that Qbix removed it to reduce the clutter on the topic list. I don't remember without looking, but perhaps someone complained that it looked too busy?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 291 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote:

I think that Qbix removed it to reduce the clutter on the topic list. I don't remember without looking, but perhaps someone complained that it looked too busy?

At minimum page width there isn't much room for it, but when my browser is maximized there's easily an empty column's width of empty space on the right side (even if you don't count the margin space).

Reply 292 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It seems to fit okay when viewing active topics or running a search. Can it be displayed like that, or was that the style that there were complaints about?

Also, did you see the complaint from the color-blind guy?
Re: Have you opened your SC-55 to check the battery inside?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 293 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

He mist be referring to the Q and A challenge. I have not looked, so I don't know what Qbix has as the question. Most colorblindness is the inability to distinguish between bluish and greenish colors.

Reply 294 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote:

He mist be referring to the Q and A challenge. I have not looked, so I don't know what Qbix has as the question. Most colorblindness is the inability to distinguish between bluish and greenish colors.

I'm pretty sure that red-green is actually the most common, but there are many kinds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

Reply 295 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I may be wrong on what is the most common. It is just what I had always heard and I know a few who are color blind and all have trouble with either blue or green. In any case, if this is the registration question, it probably should be changed.

Reply 296 of 325, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I meant this :

10198598795_d5509bb1a6_b.jpg

In that ellipse, we can tag on

on  [+ date format]

For me, it's the page numbers that seem to clutter the space. Unless one knows what is written on which page, it can be difficult to manoeuvre to the exact page, and furthermore, this can be compounded by certain page numbers which cannot be displayed if there are large number of pages. And the functionality of the "first new post after last visit" and the "last post" are already accessible via the orange and white icons.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 297 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here's one:
In the inbox for messages, there's a sliver of color that's supposed to indicate status:
"Message colours
Marked message
Replied to message
Message from friend
Message from foe"

Can this be made thicker or more obnoxious? I'm having trouble telling at a glance which I've replied to out of the ones I've read.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 298 of 325, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Qbix are there restrictions in the DOSBox guide forum for editing posts for normal users? Truth5678 isn't able to edit the post I moved there Re: DOSBox and MIDI music

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 299 of 325, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Also seems there are restrictions in forum codes (quote) in the patches forum.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper