VOGONS

Common searches

Just an important heads up

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 81 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Qbix, did you set the registration spambot trap to Q & A challenge? That is the one that I have found the most effective, at least if set to an answer that cannot be Googled.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 85 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Previous link is on the left and Next is in the right. These only show if there is a next or previous page in a thread. Other than that, all of the navigation are on the right, page navigation and jump box.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 86 of 325, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1. Might I add that the Moderators' green color code blends too much with the light purple (lavender?) of the tables and a bit difficult to see? It looks ok with the dark purple outside of the main box (when listed below).

2. And the zetafleet.dom are listed in the disclaimer at the bottom. Two of them.

3. Clicking on an external link does not open in a new tab or window like it did previously, and instead opens up within the same tab/window. Or is this the default behaviour for this new site? I prefer the links to open in a new tab/window so that I can maintain what I was reading in the beginning and/or to refer back. But I wonder how many prefer this way.

4. And, as others have brought up, any chances of including the cool option to alter our titles in our user control panel? 😁

EDIT : Oh, and it's nice to see the Announcements section at each main subsection listing important posts. 😀

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 87 of 325, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:

3. Clicking on an external link does not open in a new tab or window like it did previously, and instead opens up within the same tab/window. Or is this the default behaviour for this new site? I prefer the links to open in a new tab/window so that I can maintain what I was reading in the beginning and/or to refer back. But I wonder how many prefer this way.

you got MMB or ctrl-LMB for that 😉

Reply 89 of 325, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RacoonRider wrote:

I like them very much. Could you please also make "onMouseOver" buttons? I think inverting gradient would be enough for that. Or do you think we don't need such a thing? 😀

Qbix wrote:

They seem larger than the ones that are currently there ?
Please contact collector about it.

Done and done. (Some are a bit larger, yes, but they fit nicely - tested with firefox's stylesheet editor.)

Attachments

• vogonsbuttons2.png
    Filename
    vogonsbuttons2.png
    File size
    27.84 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 90 of 325, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Qbix: I mean the "topic reply notification" emails.

new ones look like

Hello Dominus, […]
Show full quote

Hello Dominus,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"Just an important heads up" at "VOGONS". This topic has received a reply
since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies
made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
Re: Just an important heads up

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
Milliways

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the
"Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by
clicking the following link:

--
Thanks,
The VOGONS

The old one is much shorter:

Hello, […]
Show full quote

Hello,

This message is to alert you that the thread entitled "Just an important heads up" at VOGONS has been replied to.
Click the following link to view the new post:
Re: Just an important heads up

No more response notifications will be sent until you review this thread.

This reminder has been sent to you because you requested it.
Use the following link to stop watching this thread:

--
Thanks,
The VOGONS

I'd prefer the shorter ones. I also dislike the sender of this mail "forumadmin@vogons.org", previosly it was "vogons@zetafleet.com". Something shorter would be nicer, especially without "admin" in it.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 91 of 325, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Another issue with the "view unread posts" view:

I miss the easy to see field in which forum the unread threads are. Of course they are listed at the end of the information
"Just an important heads up
by Qbix » 2013-5-31 @ 22:50 in Milliways"
but this is not very easy on the eyes, since the subject is so big and the forum name so small in comparison. On the iphone it's even worse since, depending on topic length, the forum name is at the end of the 2nd line or the beginning of the third.
And that orange button is way to small on the iphone 🙁
You need that mobile theme 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 92 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malik wrote:

2. And the zetafleet.dom are listed in the disclaimer at the bottom. Two of them.

The dom is not a typo. The old board also said dom. It was just Snover being cute. The first one is for the copyright notice and the 2nd is for legal disclaimer to shield the site from idiots that might post warez. Although it might be best to change the disclaimer to vogons.org, now.

Reply 95 of 325, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qbix wrote:

custom ranks, This was a custom mod on the old board. This board, at first glance, doesn't seem to have the ability to let the user select it themselves.

I found this on the PHPbb support forums: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2164870

Looks like a relatively straightforward custom mod, but I'm not a PHPbb guru so I could be wrong.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 96 of 325, by Flashback

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

@flashback I don't see how it doesn't blend. what did you change ?

Maybe it's my browser (I still use Firefox 3.6) but the logo currently looks like the one on the left and I was suggesting to change it to the one on the right.

The odd thing is, yesterday it looked like someone changed it to the one I linked to and now it's back to the other one.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

• logo.PNG
    Filename
    logo.PNG
    File size
    28.83 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception