This model in particular:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54462712/ … /voodoorush.jpg

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 1 of 5, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think on ebay, voodoo rush's are usually around £30-£35 so I guess 35-40 euros. I always think that's a bit too much, if I saw one for 25 euros I might be tempted. Some sellers put them higher of course.

If it's a rare model [mind you, they all all pretty rare now] then the 3dfx maniacs will drive it up; and there's the macronix vs alliance debate - sounds like neither is exactly perfect though if you're buying a a rush nowadays then I don't suppose the best performance really matters all that much [you'd probably use something else of you wanted that]. There's also higher memory versions that probably can be priced higher.

The one in your picture looks like a 6mb Macronix-based card.

Reply 2 of 5, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I see, thanks for the info.
Im not interested into Rush because i know that their 3D core performance is slower compared to lets say diamond monster 3D.

I actually found the one in the picture in my old junk hardware box.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 3 of 5, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Rush isn't THAT bad. It's still better than a Rendition V1000 or a Virge and if you find a Hercules card, they did some tweaks to the reference design to minimize the loss of speed.

Reply 4 of 5, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you get one with a MX for 2D it will a bit faster and more stable than the Alliance. The Alliance 2D core didn't cope well with the V1 portion of the card.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 5 of 5, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had an Intense 3d Voodoo and it had blurry output. Rush is best avoided for many reasons.

I definitely think a V1000 is more interesting because Rush has only downsides compared to Voodoo 1 whereas V1000 lets you try Speedy3D and Rredline ports. Same with Virge for S3D games.