VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After two years of trying, I finally did it. Granted I was only playing on Experienced, but considering that my first attempt before I installed GOTY was only on Average... 🤣

Reply 1 of 7, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

He's not that hard. If you (like me) lack skill, then map control is the key to win the fight with him (easy given the size of the final map).

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 2 of 7, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

if you guys are talking about what I think you are (original unreal tournament) - to defeat him you have to dominate him - you have to get on a roll, keep putting him down, and keep snapping up the power-ups before he can get to them. And whatever you do - don't let him get the invisibility 😜

Reply 3 of 7, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ncmark wrote:

if you guys are talking about what I think you are (original unreal tournament) - to defeat him you have to dominate him - you have to get on a roll, keep putting him down, and keep snapping up the power-ups before he can get to them. And whatever you do - don't let him get the invisibility 😜

That's pretty much the strategy I followed. 🤣 I also made good use of the ripper and the biorifle. 😁

Reply 5 of 7, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I only did the "campaign" once. At my best I would consistently play on inhuman. I remember setting the game to automatic, and there is almost an audible CLUNK when the game switches to godlike. I was somewhere in-between.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 6 of 7, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I beat Xan on skilled in 2004 or so.
First he beat the living daylight out of me, because he don't miss shit.
Than i slowly noticed his pattern in some things. He likes to jump around, move a lot and has good aim. So i tried the same, and soon enough i succeeded!

Very nice game. Will revisit it once i complete my V5500 rig 😀

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"