VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all. I recently got hold of the original Unreal version (the one that has the old interface, along with the unchanged weapon effects and sounds) and I would like to know some things about it.

So first of all, My game is patched to 219. How can I enable A3D? I have a SQ2500 but I don't see any options to enable it.

...Secondly, How can I timedemo the intro sequence? I tried to put "timedemo 1" on console (as in UT99) but it just says unknown command.

And finally.. , Is "Old" Unreal's SGL support any good?

I'd really like to test this system, so thanks for helping me with this one.

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 1 of 3, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Use3dHardware is the option you need to set True for A3D. In the console type 'preferences' and restart after changing, or edit the ini manually.

for framerate type in console:
stat fps
(1000/frametime = frames per sec)

I can't remember the SGL details. Search the forum. It remember discussions..

Reply 2 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SGL should work - the only thing that's missing are properly blended lightmaps, additive sprites and detail textures. You can also get quite a performance boost if you pop open the console, type 'preferences', and head down to the PowerVR SGL tree and hit that VertexLighting and FastUglyRefresh switches to 1.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 3 of 3, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

SGL should work - the only thing that's missing are properly blended lightmaps, additive sprites and detail textures. You can also get quite a performance boost if you pop open the console, type 'preferences', and head down to the PowerVR SGL tree and hit that VertexLighting and FastUglyRefresh switches to 1.

Both of you, thanks 😀 . IIRC, doesn't SGL gives you realtime shadows too? Lei-lei I believe you said something about it that it was announced at E3 97' but ended up not being present on the retail release?

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png