Rank
l33t++

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbYxIQi-hVg

Reply 2 of 8, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks great. Hope they keep combat simple. I loved prince of persia 2 even more than the first.

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 3 of 8, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wonder if it'll have "dumbed down for the Casual crowd" mode, like that POP1 remake? ("the butterfly may help you find the way out!")

Seriously though, this is not the kind of game that needs to be remade in 3D - it doesn't stand out from today's games like the original did when it came out. A different art style would have suited it much better, perhaps something like Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Oh, and I know it's not very PC to make fun of people's accents... but "the Shadow and the Phlegm" doesn't sound all that appealing. 🤣

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 4 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was not happy with the PS3 remake of Prince of Persia 1. It was overly smooth that I lost sync with the flow of the game. It also seemed to have a few frames of animation too many for a button press. Maybe it's just me. Both the first two original games are my all time favourites.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 5 of 8, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The visuals look nice but I'm not overly excited. TBH, I like the first PoP more than the sequel, and I wish the did something like the much enhanced SNES port that kept the feel of the original game while adding tons of new content.

On a vaguely related note, I wonder why no one has yet made a free open source version of the first game, now that Jordan Mechner found the code and made it along with all other game assets public a while ago.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games

Reply 6 of 8, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MrFlibble wrote:

On a vaguely related note, I wonder why no one has yet made a free open source version of the first game, now that Jordan Mechner found the code and made it along with all other game assets public a while ago.

...only for the Apple II original. Besides, the name and all other intellectual property associated with the franchise are far from public domain.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 7 of 8, by m1so

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The original Prince of Persia 2 is one of the hardest games ever, yet I saw it installed on pretty much every old DOS office PC, so it was also a casual game. However in modern speech, casual gamer seems to mean drooling imbecile and hardcore gamers seems to mean CoD obsessed psychopath.

Reply 8 of 8, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

there are mods for original PoP that rearrange the dungeon map, to make it even harder.
iirc said mod ignores setup.cfg (& setup.dat), so you can only use it with its moder's preference. (vga only, sound blaster only, ...)

-fffuuu