VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Tempest

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hopefully this is the right forum for this, otherwise please feel free to move it.

I'm looking for the name of a mystery game for my wife. She's not really a gamer, so the fact that she wants to find some old game she played in high school is pretty astounding so I'm desperate to find it. I've searched Mobygames for hours, yet still can't seem to find anything that fits the description she gave me. I'm pretty sure her description is spot on since she has an amazingly good memory (too good if you ask me 😉 )

The game she's looking for would have been for the DOS PC circa 90-93ish (probably a cheapo shareware game). She remembers playing it along with Spot and Lemmings so I'm guessing it's from 90 or 91. From her description it sounds like a Boulderdash clone, but played a little different. You were a little guy moving through blocks (dirt/grass) that would disappear completely when you moved (like Boulderdash), but it was one non-scrolling screen and there were various level themes. One was a picnic scene where you had to work your way around things like apples and avoid worm enemies and one looked like it took place in the human body with blood vessels that you dug through and such. She doesn't remember having to pick up anything, just avoid enemies and get to the end.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I was an Apple II man around this time so I don't really know DOS games from this era (I got my first PC in 94). Any help would be appreciated.

--- AtariProtos.com ---
For when excellence and burnished fineries need to gently visit the warmth of your tablery