VOGONS

Common searches

3dfx filter shader!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 63 of 67, by Matsilagi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bumping this once again because i got someone to port the shader to ReShade (this time i promise it will not be included on any shader pack)

Here it is working on Unreal Gold with dgVoodoo (DX11, will work on certain OpenGL quake ports and OGL wrappers aswell)

The port is based on the one from libretro. So incase its a bit old, then this one will be a bit old aswell (judging from what you said about the C version from the PCem beign the newest, i suppose this one is old, but not THAT old)

I would also love some presets, im using the gamma at 1.7 like the SweetFX version to mimic Voodo Banshee graphics with the other default values from LibRetro, however, i want some other presets too (i think some of those values are wrong since you can see the purple/black too much and the screen looks a bit too bright).

Here's a link for the shader: https://mega.nz/#!gFcjiQqK!eKBPcb3vHjLnqWSk2_ … efDRdLQ1bY8Vf5M (just place next to the ReShade dlls and enable it by opening the FX file with Notepad++ and changing USE_3DFX from 0 to 1)

Attachments

• Unreal 2015-08-23 23-11-34.png
    Filename
    Unreal 2015-08-23 23-11-34.png
    File size
    2.08 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    Unreal Gold with 3DFX filer
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 64 of 67, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm doing research on a Voodoo2 and i've apparently there's differences.

The Voodoo2 applies the filter differently
- It does not add purple lines (i've gamma'd up on my monitor so hard I couldn't find any unless there is a variable that can bring this back)
- it averages the differences of 4 pixels for every pixel and then adds them with a threshold clamp, and this threshold is given to 0x230 (default 0x080408)
- it can smear without falloff which may imply non-recursion. On some games with 1px vertical lines in their interfaces i've seen it smear 4 times around with no seemingly fade off.
- the filtering seems to be a lighten blend only? I haven't seen ringing and darker left edges
- the gamma comes before the filter (I believe this is the case since the oversampled gamma artifacts do not have their dithering affected as hard even with 0xFFFFFF but i may still be hugely wrong and mistaken here!!!!)

The Voodoo3 however (which I based my filter shader upon):
- adds purple lines for 4x1, but adds purple entirely for 2x2
- the lines appear before the filter and get involved with the filter
- the gamma is applied on the filtered picture

apsosig.png
long live PCem