VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have this idea of archiving game boxes. I don't really know why, it's just that I find game box cover art interesting. Since my computer dungeon is getting overrun with game boxes, I guess there is a point where I have to stop acquiring more. Looking at game boxes though really gives me this nostalgic feeling, so I figured, why not?

I found this little program online called Cover Professional. It seems to be made by a one man team from Russia, it's a simple program, but works perfectly fine with game covers.

See video here Sorry for the choppy video, I'm not sure what's the best desktop capture software, I just grabbed the first one that showed up on google.

The only problem I'm having is scanning the actual boxes. Scanning and cropping 6 sides of a box takes a while and I'm only one man, I wonder if anyone out there would be interested in doing something similar.

What do you guys think?

Reply 1 of 3, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think thats a good idea.

Some can make models out of them. Just take HQ pictures from all sides and make a texture.
This way we can preserve information on how it used to look back than.
I mean its easy making an 3D Rectangle, and i doubt with todays 3D animation programs, its any harder making an simple unboxing animation.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 2 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jan3Sobieski wrote:

I wonder if anyone out there would be interested in doing something similar.

Surely you're not the first person to have tried. There should be quite a few on Mobygames, albeit not necessarily complete ones.