VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does it support multiprocessor?
i want to install it on my Dual Pentium 1 computer.

And besides SB16 PRO and AWE64 (Said to be not as good as under DOS) what other sound card can be used?
I have settled with Matrox Millennium as the graphics adapter.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 1 of 10, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you not Google? The first hit for <"os/2 warp" smp> is http://www.edm2.com/0507/smp.html , which suggests you need a particular version of Warp 4.

See also http://www.os2museum.com/wp/?p=819 .

Reply 2 of 10, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ive tried at least 20 different search quotas. Only one mentioned that OS2 Warp 4 does not support multi cpu.
I have an installation disk, two of them. The method that i found consists of 20 floppies.

Reply 3 of 10, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stojke wrote:

Ive tried at least 20 different search quotas. Only one mentioned that OS2 Warp 4 does not support multi cpu.

I'm confused. Does that not answer your question..?

I have an installation disk, two of them.

And do either of them say "Advanced Server, Symmetrical Multiprocessing" anywhere?

Reply 4 of 10, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was not sure its correct due to only it mentioning no SMP compatibility.

I have a much bigger problem on hand at the moment. The installer floppies dont recognize the SCSI controller, so i had to install it into the floppy medium. But even after editing the config.sys it still doesnt work. I have also tried switching to IDE but still the same, it "can not control" the devices.

Reply 7 of 10, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've spent 6 hours reading a whole lot of different documentation and trying at least 20 different approaches to installing it.
None has worked and every one failed to install.

Not to mention the pain of waiting for all those floppies to write data and format.
Even tried onboard IDE.

I mean, sure as hell i am not gonna install it over 140 floppies.

Reply 9 of 10, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is also an CD version, yes. But you need to pass the floppy stage, due to the CD being unbootable, to reach the CD installation stage.
Which i could not pass at all.