VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Guys, here's a guy selling me this whole bundle for a very cheap price.
But I don't seem to recognize much. Well, apart from knowing that there are some sound cards, network cards, graphic cards, etc.
Are there any of these cards worth getting? I don't recognize the sound cards...actually....well, any help is appreciated

v9gz.jpg

69ub.jpg

Reply 1 of 11, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

isa network cards, wave front and avance logic sound cards, a couple of vlb video and io controllers more isa io controllers. No value to me. Not my cup of tea. I'd pay no more than $10 for the lot.

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 3 of 11, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If it's cheap, go for it. But when i say cheap i mean really cheap. The VLB io controller could be handy if you wanna build a early VLB based 486 system...

Reply 4 of 11, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The wavefront soundcard looks interesting. It seems to hold a Media Vision Jazz + Thunderboard chipset, together with an OPL3 and Waveblaster header. Never seen that before.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 6 of 11, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That ICS WaveFront soundcard could be some Turtle Beach... Might be worth the risk if the lot's not too expensive.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 7 of 11, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, that wavefront card is interesting. It looks like a mediavision board to me, but possibly a prototype of some sort. Looks like it was also available with extra soundfont bank RAM and SCSI.

The only two other cards of interest are the Intel NIC and the 8-bit Cirrus Logic EGA/VGA card.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 8 of 11, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can get the lot for 25 euros. But I don't think I'm going to to be honest.
There's nothing that I'm craving for, and I don't want to end up with more unused stuff....

Reply 9 of 11, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah wouldnt bother, the isa video cards are probably heaps of crap, the VLB version looks like it could be a cirrus logic 2d accelerator although accelerators arent rare in Vlb cards.

Reply 10 of 11, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There isn't much except for that one decent sound card and the two vlb cards, the rest is crap. $25 a few years from now will seam to be a nice discount but getting any money back from the rest will be tough.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 11 of 11, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That 8-bit card at the bottom of the second picture looks like it could be a Hercules+parallel combo?

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread