Common searches

What are you drinking right now?

Topic actions

First post, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm assuming most of the people on this board are old enough to drink, so what's your favorite tipple, and what are you enjoying at the moment?

Myself, right now I'm drinking some Twisted Tea mixed with Mountain Dew. It's a surprisingly good combination, though it does give away the fact that my tastes are rather "young". 🤣 It's all good though since I'm 19 and the legal age in Alberta is 18. A lot of my friends are just becoming old enough to drink with me! 😁

As for my favorite drink, well that's a tough one since I like all sorts of things. 🤣 I do appreciate a well made Caesar though. 😁

Last edited by mr_bigmouth_502 on 2013-09-14, 07:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 27, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Last thing I drank was a fat tire, during 4th of july at a bar my boyfriend took me out to. Apart from that I can't afford to drink alcohol.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 2 of 27, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Coke Zero.

...yeah, I don't drink alcoholic things. I'm fairly certain it's the alcohol itself that bothers my taste buds because even tiny amounts of the stuff in something like candies or deserts nearly makes me gag. x_x;

I consider myself a bit of a pop connoisseur though. I always keep a stock of one sugary pop and one diet pop at any point in time. I can even tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi (I like Coke better because it's not as sweet but either's fine really). The only pops I won't drink though are 7-Up and Sprite. Everything else is fair game. ;)

My typical drink routine over the course of a day goes something like this from waking up to bedtime:
* 1/2 Cranberry Juice 1/2 Water
* Sugary Pop
* Water
* Diet Pop
* More 1/2 Cranberry Juice 1/2 Water
* More water if I get thirsty again before bed

...yeah, I don't drink coffee either. There's no point; caffiene has no effect on me... seriously... ^_^;

...yes, I'm a freak of nature. I'm glad you noticed! XD

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3 of 27, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My favourite alcoholic drink is mezcal. Though being a strong alcoholic drink, it has quite a mild taste. The preferred label is 'Monte Alban'. If there is no mezcal, Cazadores tequila would do it for me, but it costs thrice as much (about $100/bottle here in Russia).

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 4 of 27, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've drunk my good share for whiskey, vodka and tequila for a period of ~12 years... now it's been about 4 years since I "really" drank seriously... just a beer now and then and maybe a glass of whiskey every couple of months... I just lost interest in alcohol 🤣
The only thing I kept steady all these years is espresso coffee and it's cold variant: freddo. Not giving them up 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 27, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As far as my day-to-day beverages go, I usually just drink a lot of coffee and/or distilled water, along with the occasional cup of tea. I used to be a major energy drink fiend, but then they started making me really jittery, and I couldn't justify paying $3.50 a can for something that gives me a much "rougher" caffeine buzz than a cup of coffee. If I really need something stronger than a normal cup of coffee, I just get a straight shot of espresso instead. 😁 That stuff is like the nectar of the gods.

Gemini000 wrote:
Coke Zero. […]
Show full quote

Coke Zero.

...yeah, I don't drink alcoholic things. I'm fairly certain it's the alcohol itself that bothers my taste buds because even tiny amounts of the stuff in something like candies or deserts nearly makes me gag. x_x;

I consider myself a bit of a pop connoisseur though. I always keep a stock of one sugary pop and one diet pop at any point in time. I can even tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi (I like Coke better because it's not as sweet but either's fine really). The only pops I won't drink though are 7-Up and Sprite. Everything else is fair game. 😉

My typical drink routine over the course of a day goes something like this from waking up to bedtime:
* 1/2 Cranberry Juice 1/2 Water
* Sugary Pop
* Water
* Diet Pop
* More 1/2 Cranberry Juice 1/2 Water
* More water if I get thirsty again before bed

...yeah, I don't drink coffee either. There's no point; caffiene has no effect on me... seriously... 😅

...yes, I'm a freak of nature. I'm glad you noticed! 🤣

Nothing wrong with it, you would make for an awesome designated driver. 😁

Reply 6 of 27, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Nothing wrong with it, you would make for an awesome designated driver. :D

If I knew how to drive. XD

...yeah... I never even attempted to get my license because I'm far too easily distracted and have this mentality that it's OK to make mistakes so long as you learn from them... that combo alone would probably make me a dangerous driver even with a blood-alcohol level of zero. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 7 of 27, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't drive either, mainly because I kind of have this deathly fear of driving. I wouldn't call it a phobia per se, but there's something about the idea of getting behind the wheel of a 2000 pound chunk of metal that just makes me think "nope, I'm not gonna do that." 😜 In a strange way, this kind of contributes to my love of vehicular combat games, since they give me an environment where I can drive like an absolute maniac without putting myself or others at risk. 🤣

Reply 8 of 27, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I get up 1 cup of caffeinated coffee with milk and 2 sugars.
During the day decaffeinated tea with milk and no suger.
If I go cycling I fill my bottle with water.
In the evening hot chocolate while watching a movie.

I don’t drink much fruit juice or soft drinks. When I do I like 7Up, Organgina or Ribena.
If I go out to the cinema I drink Pepsi or Coke.
I rarely drink alcohol. At Christmas I some times drink Baileys Irish Cream.
I do enjoy alcohol in deserts though.

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 9 of 27, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since I was operated last year (my gallbladder) my body is definitely not fond of "sugar free" products. In fact I feel bad, when I drinking that shit. So I would rather drink sugary pops. But when it comes to alcohol, then I stay away from beer and wine, cause I do not like the taste. But I do enjoy good wine in a sauce. But I am more into spirits. And since this is not reddit, then I know my post will not be down-voted by undercover racist Swedes (note, NOT all Swedes are racists).
But anyway something must have gone wrong in the mix. Cause I have the "genes" to be a great drunkard 😉 . I am one quarter Scanian, and three quarters Dane. Which should make me (according to the "stereo type"). A giant drunk of proportions. Cause it is not "drunk Swedes" you either drop in the harbour, or for that matter if you follow them to the Helsingborg ferry, in fact those are my brothers, of Scania from the tribe of Danes. Yes, the Scanians are of the tribe of Danes , just like the Danish people. Okay enough background story, I do not have a favourite of spirits. But I do enjoy, whiskey(uisge beatha), vodka, tequila, and so forth. And even rum, I have never tasted Mescal. But I am not afraid of tasting it. And I am game, for even a Long Island Ice Tea, which served right, taste great. And you become very drunk of it, but a notion. Even when I am drunk I am polite and friendly towards people.

Reply 10 of 27, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recently tried something new and it has become one of my favorite drinks.
Arehucas Ron Miel from the Canary Islands, Rum with Honey
http://www.drinkoftheweek.com/arehucas-ron-miel-rum-review/
I add a little bit of lime juice to it but it is pretty good straight up too.

Reply 11 of 27, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1. Long Island Iced Tea.

2. Gin + Tonic Water on the rocks.

3. Ice Lemon Tea

4. Ginger Ale

5. Root Beer

6. Irish Coffee

In no particular order. Have cut down on sugary drinks though.

Prefer freshly brewed tea with freshly squeezed lemon + sugar - less sweet and mixed with ice cubes. Sometimes, maybe with some fresh mint leaves mixed.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 12 of 27, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I love to boil tea with four bags of tea, and that is either strawberry , or camomile . And then I cool the tea down to around , and then I put a lot of honey. And then I cool it down . And then I have the best "ice tea" ever. And I boil around two litres of water. If not even a bit more water in the mix.

Reply 13 of 27, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Coffee; splash milk NO sugar
Ice Coffee; lots ice, splash cream, NO sugar. Shot or two Bailey's and/or Jameson never hurts; "Iced Irish"
Irish Coffee
Guinness; and craft porter/stouts
Lager; PBR/Miller/Tecate/Modello etc.
Stoli rocks twist
Stoli soda slice lime
Don Julio/Herradura/Patron; chilled, slice lime
Coke; ice cold

Right now? Iced Coffee

Reply 18 of 27, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

What am I drinking right now?

Lemsip.

🙁

I just looked it up, it sounds an awful lot like this stuff we have here called NeoCitran. I once fried one of my favorite keyboards (a Dell Quietkey; those things are AMAZING to type on) by accidentally spilling some on it. Needless to say I was not too happy. 🙁