The perfect PC...

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 20, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

My perfect PC would be a modern mobo with legacy slots; ISA slots, PCI slots, AGP slot, you name it. It supports newest processor, but the CPU can be throttled through hardware. It will also be equipped with superfast video card that can emulate Voodoo1 and Banshee-architecture (Voodoo3, Voodoo5) in hardware, so when you boot in DOS, Glide games will detect the video card as 3dfx video card. It will also have a perfect sound card that can do Aueral 3D 2.0 and EAX perfectly. And of course, the motherboard will have Windows 98 drivers.

That would pretty much be my perfect PC as well. In addition, it would have a real OPL3 chip, support for perfect Soundblaster Pro/16/AWE32 emulation under DOS, a kickass, super-reliable, multi-terabyte SSD with compatibility and TRIM support for all OSes, a hybrid peltier/liquid cooling system that is dead silent, professional-grade audio recording/playback capabilities, a built-in, transparent, hardware-level debugger that I could access through a serial terminal and use to read and edit memory, a few dozen USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports, and a server-grade uber-reliable power supply with a built in UPS.