Oldbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAXBWJyyMI0

This is one of the most badass things I've seen and heard in a while. 😁

Reply 2 of 4, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Meh version IMO. Seems like you can't toss a brick around youtube without hitting a dozen 7-string guitarists who do "heavy" game music covers, using the same generic downtuned processed tone, paint-by-numbers digital sound and occasional wrong chord. Good on him for being popular.... not for me though.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 3 of 4, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VileRancour wrote:

Meh version IMO. Seems like you can't toss a brick around youtube without hitting a dozen 7-string guitarists who do "heavy" game music covers, using the same generic downtuned processed tone, paint-by-numbers digital sound and occasional wrong chord. Good on him for being popular.... not for me though.

It was a good version, but I agree, it's not the best I've ever heard. Neither is the Megadeth version though, for some reason I just think it's overrated. 🤣 The best version is and always will be the original. 😁

Reply 4 of 4, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been a fan of this guy for a while and try to promote his vids whenever it's appropriate to the topic on whatever forum I'm visiting at the time. The best thing, he takes requests for anything he hasn't covered yet and will make a metal guitar version of it.

I really like how he does the music from Mike Tyson's Punchout. He keeps in perfect time with the gameplay footage running in the background.