VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some years back, I read a book about the origin and progression of computer viruses (the book was mainly or totally about the PC), and I'd like to track it down again as it was very interesting, but I can't find my copy (I probably either lost it, gave it away, or lent it out and never got it back), so if anyone can tell me the name of it I'd be very grateful.

The book went up to the mid 90s, or maybe very early 2000s, and was written by someone well known in the anti-virus industry. The book, at least the paperback version I had, I don't know if there was a hardback version, had a cover that was (I'm sure) white, and might have had blue writing. Sorry, I can't remember much else, other than it covered the first and early viruses on the PC.

BTW, I'm not trying to re-get this book to learn how to write a virus, of course, and anyway the book would be no use for that, it didn't go in to any technical details or try to teach how to write malware, it was just a history of viruses and their effects on the computers and the people who depend on the computers.

Thanks for any answers.

Reply 1 of 1, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Someone on another forum has found what looks like it;

PC Viruses - Detection, Analysis and Cure
Written By Dr. Alan Solomon
Published by: Springer-Verlag
ISBN: 3-540-19691-9
or 3-387-19691-9