VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I only have two I've readily played and one (SPIN) I already shared with you all on this forum.

Anyone have any experience with this "API"? Any shareware\freeware games that use this library? It really does not like DosBOX and is very sensitive to CPU timing. The library even has some issues working with the DOS subsystem in Win9x too!

For music the library seems to support the following

S3M (though many effects aren't done properly, panning is crap too, too big samples cause white noise)
MOD (Supports ultimate sound tracker 15 instrument format as well as M.K. but not 6CHN 8CHN ,etc)
MID (I only really tried this with "Nanotech" and it appears to use a very VERY generic OPL soundbank)

It would be cool to figure out how long this library has been in development as well.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 1 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Obliterator, and Annihilator Tank also uses Varmint. Both 1996

Attachments

• Filename
    oblit.zip
    File size
    603.7 KiB
    Downloads
    59 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    ATANK.ZIP
    File size
    201.18 KiB
    Downloads
    53 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 5, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Now if I only knew where NONAME.MOD really came from, because if you look at textfiles.com's artscene source... It's there as v42.MOD with a "improved" version as v48.MOD

Thanks for the quick reply leilei!

EDIT: Oh crap.. Obliterator was on my shareware CD's but I forgot to pull it off of them when I was going through them one day.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 4 of 5, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's very peculiar indeed... I'm going to try finding more info on that module as well.

― Κυνικός Δράκων