VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

World of Game MODs doesn't have it, neither does UnExoticA...

Anybody have a copy of this at hand care to tell me what the music files are and where they are stored? They are slightly different sounding compared to the .MOD's that were shipped with Star Control 2 on the PC. I would like to add these to my ever growing collection of music too.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 1 of 2, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I assume that one of the pkg. files contains the game music - it ain't MOD format though, since I don't see any of the usual headers. If you must have them as MOD, some more complex techniques might be necessary for ripping and conversion.

BTW, those short post-battle "ship ditties" sound similar enough to their SC2 PC counterparts, perhaps with some speed/timing differences... the title music and Alliance/Hierarchy victory tunes would be nice to have though.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 2 of 2, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some of the ditties actually seem to have better sounds to them, the Ur Quan dreadnought for example.

And yes I was particularly after the opening title screen music and victory screens.

I would look into this myself but I do not own a copy of this game nor the hardware to make a image of the disks to use in a emulator.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων