VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BR4ZIL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone, its that time of the year again, you guys already helped me in the past with Firefight and Time Travellers, but once again i ask for help in remembering a game.

This one was about a prisioner trying to break out of jail. The game played in 2d kinda like bomberman but with no top down perspective, just a "plastered on wall" view. Your objective was to collect all the keys around the level while avoiding police officers and silly small patrol cars(game felt like pacman at times). A interesting fact was that there were rocks behind some of the blocks in the game that you could blow (you plant & throw dynamine just like in bomberman) and said rocks would fall "on top" of the cops if you timed right.

You couldnt see the entire map like in Pacman or Bomberman, instead the map would scroll as you reached a edge.

All characters were very cartoony and with no arms or legs, just hands & feet (i belive the cops didint even had a face, just that british "oval" cop hat as a head. Think of it as Rayman meets Constructor in terms of character design.

The game is probably from the late 90's.

Reply 2 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

From your description, reminds me almost of Boulder Dash / Rockford, but that was mid 80's...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 5, by BR4ZIL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote:

From your description, reminds me almost of Boulder Dash / Rockford, but that was mid 80's...

Indeed, never played either of those 2, but from the looks of it the game i want to find is essentially that, but replace the gems with prison keys and add crazy cops and cop cars to chase you the more time you spent on the map (also related to the amount of keys you collect).