VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/ocz-ssd-ban … iba,1-1438.html

That sucks as they used to make so e of the best ram around and I thought that everything was going ok.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 7, by NJRoadfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've read that their SSDs have had less than stellar reliability. It would be surprising if Toshiba made a last minute buy-out. Going after the assets after bankruptcy is generally what happens as any warranty liability is erased. Bad for customers, but good for business. Expect some holiday fire sales on their drives if this happens.

Reply 3 of 7, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I suspect they will pick up the patents and designs (not all of them sucked) while letting the rest disappear.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 5 of 7, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I own four of their drives (all Vertex 4; 128GB x2, 256GB x1, 512GB x1) and haven't had any problems. I think the issue was with their earlier drives. It's sad to see them go as they did a lot to help push the price of competitor's SSDs down.

Reply 6 of 7, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A slow collapse of the global economy isn't helping right now, even my own sales (I sell computers on the side) are stagnate 😢

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 7 of 7, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
NJRoadfan wrote:

I've read that their SSDs have had less than stellar reliability. It would be surprising if Toshiba made a last minute buy-out. Going after the assets after bankruptcy is generally what happens as any warranty liability is erased. Bad for customers, but good for business. Expect some holiday fire sales on their drives if this happens.

I expect their patents and other intellectual property are worth far more to a potential bidder than their product lines. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Apple, Google, or Microsoft in there fighting for a piece of the pie seeing as how they are always looking for new patents to add to their portfolios so they can file more lawsuits against each other.