VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Can Yamaha SW1000XG MIDI output be rerouted onto an different sound card in the system?
Default WAVE out on SW1000XG is very low for headphone use, and i was wondering can i some how reroute that sound onto Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card I have in the PC as well?

I know that WAVE IN #2 from the card is audio loop back, can i some how use that?

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 1 of 2, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stojke wrote:

Can Yamaha SW1000XG MIDI output be rerouted onto an different sound card in the system?
Default WAVE out on SW1000XG is very low for headphone use, and i was wondering can i some how reroute that sound onto Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card I have in the PC as well?

I know that WAVE IN #2 from the card is audio loop back, can i some how use that?

You could just route line-out to another sound card's line-in... Provided the other sound card does have a headphone amplifier and you have enabled it (jumper setting).

But I really think you should be looking for a dedicated amplifier. Not sure about the TB, but headphone amps found on ISA cards are usually not very good.

Reply 2 of 2, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't have the money to buy an decent quality amplifier.
I have one that i use for speakers, but it produces noticable distorted sound.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"